Wednesday, July 18, 2007

making the most of every opportunity.....

As I am sitting here in the office waiting on trucking across campus to see my son for lunch - something comes to mind.

In Ephesians 5:15-16, Paul explains to us to, “Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity.”

I am excited about what God is doing next.... Let me share something that a close friend shared with me this morning.

You're blessed when.. you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by God.

Man, that is just awesome. This past weekend, Carol, Kyle and I took a ride up to my mom and dads. I will probably always call it that even though my mom is not here with us anymore but we got to hang out a little - see my brother and his family. We then moved on to my Aunt Sharon and Uncle Busters farm where we had a picnic, laughed and enjoyed each others company until the competition started - the fishing tournament.
Needless to say it was lots of fun but I do have to share with everyone that I long so much for the day when my dad can smile again. His complete identity was with my mom and I think only now does he realize it. I really feel so sad about it and it just breaks my heart seeing him in this funk and trying to rediscover himself again. He thinks he is too old to work any more. He things he is too old to hang out with friends, have a girl as a friend, date, have fun, smile, enjoy life, Go someplace or somewhere - there is just so much lost stuff taking place. There is no purpose - nothing worth getting exciting about - nothing really to live for except making it morning, afternoon and evening. I may be wrong about all this but it really does put a hurting on me. I rant and talk all the way home every time I am there. I need to get up there more than I do - to continue to shine for Jesus because He is not found anywhere around those situations, those places and in the area!

I long for the day when my dad finally gets it - He finds Jesus and has a smile on his face - telling everyone he is happy, there is more to this life, there are people who love him, there are people who need him, there are people who pray for him and there is purpose and great things happen when we serve others. We cannot take our earthly possessions with us..... but we can leave a legacy of how much we loved others - what we did for people - people will always remember a smile and how much we loved life. Sad knowing someone passes away and we remember he died a broken heart.
There is more to this life than what we see.... only Jesus will open your eyes and only then will you "REALLY LIVE".

Make the MOST out of every Opportunity...we never know when our opportunities will run out. Time to get up and get moving....there are people around us who need a smile, a hug, a helping hand and a cheerful word of encouragement. IS there any other way to live your life?
I don't think so......

Randy~

No comments: