Thursday, July 12, 2007

Getting in the game....

I am so encouraged today even though my mind is racing all over the place. But let me try to start from the beginning on what's going through my mind. Follow along with me....
The United States has now had 17 generations of people since we first became a country. It's not that many really since Europe and other countries are much older than we are. But thats still 17 generations of folks that have been born and raised. Our country is probably in the worst state it has ever been in my opinion as far as spiritually and raising our children with godly faith values compared to past generations. I'm not ready to tackle the entire generation but we all can together and change the course we are all on. There are many needs that I pray for concerning people around me. People who know people who are sick - circumstances ranging all over the place - the future of a particular child - just so many needs but also so much to be thankful for. Until the Lord took over my life I would have been walking almost like everyone else, doing my thing and not caring about much that didn't affect me or my family. But that is not the case any longer. God has opened my eyes to so much - I feel differently about things and about people - about their struggles and their families. Gifts that I never knew I had have now been exposed to me. I have been blessed beyond anything I could ever imagine and I don't plan on living with these blessings all by myself. I want to pass them out and give. GIVE like Jesus wants me to give! I am placing investments in people around me and it has been awesome seeing those dividends paying off. Just last night after stopping at our friends house to rip and tear and smash a broken swing set apart - the Lord opened up the heavens and poured all over us - Kyle and I kept going and we loved it! We knew we were doing something important and we were enjoying the blessing of helping a close friend and her family - a family which we love and have been blessed to become close with now. But after this teachable moment to my son and for myself- we stopped at the neighbors up the street. We stayed until 9:30 or something last night sitting in the garage - laughing and enjoying conversation. It's a first for our families to be together and God is moving here friends. One of the things that happened was the conversation of church - Pastor Jimmy and the style that we worship God in. Friends, I really feel this will happen this Sunday at 11:00 - a new family coming to visit church with us. A family who we have been inviting for MONTHS if not a year!! IS coming this Sunday. A little time invested could be life changing for this family. One of the comments said last night was - "you know, no matter how hard life is and how messed up it is, I just feel I need to have God breathe some fresh truth into my life and it just may happen now." Sounds like the Lord will be showing up in a big way this Sunday.
Romans 13:11
“But make sure that you don't get so absorbed and exhausted in taking care of all your day-by-day obligations that you lose track of the time and doze off, oblivious to God.”

Even if it takes Jesus another 100 years to come back for us - our days are numbered here. It's time to share the love we have for Jesus to others. Yes we might get hurt along the way - we may offend some folks along the way but then again we just may catch a few fish along the way too. God wants us in the game.... and He alone with strengthen us to play and to play hard. Maybe the next generation of young folks wont be so lost as they are today. Another investment is being made today... one victory at a time. God teaching one moment at a time. God providing one provision at a time. God connecting one person and family at a time.
Friends, - God wants you in the game.

No comments: