Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday Reflections 1A

Well - I know Kyle and "My Kids" wont read this so instead of taking the chance of telling the story - I will share it here with everyone so that the kids wont know and get upset. Hope you dont get upset either .......

Tonight, I had dinner with one of our Rock Group families - they joined me for some pizza and I fully enjoyed this time - as family. Its really good to share time together one on one with the folks you love and people that mean so much to us. THANK YOU!!!

When I got home tonight, I let the dogs out - those who dont know my family - we have 2 Siberian Huskies. Adger is 85 pounds and 3 years old and Payton is 6 and she is about 40 pounds. They are the highlight of this household and very much a part of our family in everyway! Well I let them both out tonight - they have been in their crates for most of the day ... and I went outside to check the pool - water the garden - eat a few cherry tomatoes and pick a few more for my stash! As I am doing this, I notice out of the corner of my eye - Adger is running full speed through the yard with Payton right behind him. After a pass around the pool - I know now what they are doing. They are chasing down a rabbit. BANG - game over - Adger has him and is strutting his stuff.... proud of his catch. I am not mad- its in their nature. I stop long enough to thank the Lord that Kyle and Carol are not here - or Donna's children or Heather - or any of our other kids :) - I walk over... pat Payton and tell her good girl. I follow Adger around the yard telling him "Good Boy" for like 20 minutes trying to figure out what to do. He cant possible EAT this rabbit - RIGHT?
Well after figuring he wasn't going to let it go ... I picked up a few piles of crap in the yard with my little shovel and walked up to him as he sat looking at it and being proud and dropped a big pile of crap on the thing. Man he was not happy...... but he did not try and pick it up. So I scooped it up and put it in the bag. Done deal..... that has been 1.5 hours ago almost and he has yet come to the door. Still running the yard - still sniffing the spot and still thinking - MAN I AM GOOD!!!
We used to have squirrel issues ... but the dogs I think have got all of them....but a rabbit? I have been wondering what was in my garden. Now I know.

So those of you who think Siberians are great dogs with cats, little animals like rabbits, hamsters etc... think again. These are pray animals and they hunt by instinct. They are the pack - and they will hunt and defend the pack. I am a husky man and there is no other dog to me.... they are the best dog to have - PERIOD.
Sad for the rabbit..... I hate it for him but this is the way the Lord made things.... I am not to change that or scold the dog for doing what he knows.

Seeing this animal die before my eyes - give me 2 thoughts here. 1. will be my Friday Reflections 2 and 2. Is please pray for my Aunt Sharon and Uncle Buster - they noticed something wrong with their cat the last few days.... and after the vet visit - it has blood cancer and it will probably be soon. I don't know how old the cat is - its a farm cat and a pretty one at that. BUt I know my Aunt Sharon really loves this cat. Please keep them all in your prayers.

Love you all,
Randy~

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

I know what you mean about the rabbit. My cat Baby Boy brings everything he catches to the door for me to see. He wants me to be proud of him. That is the nature God put in him. Now that he has feline leukemia and won't live much longer I wish he could run and catch a ground squirrel, I used to call him bad boy when he brought them to the house. Now if I could only see him run and play again.......

If I could only hear my sister's voice again and hold that hand and hear her say "hey sis" just one more time.........

Sometimes things just don't seem right. I know you all know that. It didn't seem right my sister I loved so much died. It don't seem right the cat I love is dying. Things just don't seem real sometimes like a bad, really bad dream. It seems at times like the devil is out to destroy me but I know deep in my heart that "greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world". I know I will face other things that will tear my world apart. None of us are free from that. Only by the grace of God will we make it.

love you
aunt Sharon

ps: thanks for the prayers I need them every one.