Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Start close to home...

I am feeling tired today. There are lots of things going on and I did not sleep all that well last night. Waking a few times during the night - tossing back and forth - getting up to get a drink and finally just saying - HEY - lets pray about a few things.
So this week I have my son Kyle with me at work and he is taking part in his only Camp this summer here on campus. Its a science and nature camp and he seems to be enjoying it. I get to go have lunch with him and pick him up when the camp is over. Its cool having him with me here. Its a change for him and a change he has adjusted to and being an only child, I think it will prepare him better for the future. There are some children at the camp that just dont do well with change - I think sometimes their parents don't adjust either and it shows through their children at this age. Some tend to shelter them and keep them from these situations but how is a person to know how to adjust if they are not exposed to it?
At church we have some major changes coming. New roles and new things to think through. Many of our folks are tired and worn out - its been a long summer already with attendance down and folks taking time off from serving - but the ship must continue sailing and with that comes the duty and honor of leading - stepping up regardless if anyone else does to make things happen. There are lost people out there and they need to hear about Jesus - I am passionate about that and will do what is needed to be a part of that. I can see with all the frustrations and tough things that Pastors deals with why they can get to a point where they walk away from the ministry. People are tough - but people's problems are even tougher! If you are anything like me - Your problems become my problems for some reason. I guess I got that from my mom. She just wanted to love everyone and have everyone get along. She wanted to serve YOU before she did anything else. Since she has left for Heaven - I fully understand my God given gift of service and I am excersizing that gift as much as I can during - I have found my joy and peace. More so now, right now, I am happier and at peace than I have ever been in my life.
Now before you say - oh yea he has it all and has this and that - let me challenge you to find your God given gift - to use it and let God lead you in it. Then see for yourself what I am talking about!
Many of us have the gift of Prophecy - Service- Teaching- Exhortation- Giving- Organization and Mercy. Where do you fall into?
I will go into each of them on another blog as I learn them myself and study them as well. The most important thing I want to share with you today is to- NOT TO GIVE UP! Start where you are right now and Ask the Lord to speak to you in a new way. Ask HIm for new understanding and to lead you to your spiritual gift. We all have them and I do believe true happiness and peace is finding your gift and living in that gift.

Galations 6:9
9-10So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit. Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith.

So as this new adventure starts to take off with church and all that I will be involved with - all that my family will be involved with - all that our church - Rock Group and church family will be involved with - I know God will bring us folks to help. We dont have to take it all upon ourselves to do everything. People will step forward and I know God will move them in a new and exciting way. That is my prayer today.... for I too am scared and weary but I know deep in my soul - God will deliver if I just trust and believe. He hasnt failed me yet...why would He start now?

LORD, forgive me for times when my excitement over knowing you is more than others can handle or are even ready for. I want others to know you and experience your work in their lives. Use me Lord, to spread the Good News. I pray that I will be so amazed by what you reveal to me Lord that I won't hesitate to share my hope with those who don't yet know you. I know Lord the best is yet to come. Thank You for Your love and never ending Mercy on us. Thank You for Your son Jesus! I pray in His name, AMEN

No comments: