Thursday, July 19, 2007

And then....

They walk away. Why? - I guess it would be better not to know - but I am hurt in a way and I do want to know why - Why do people who you take a risk with - ask them to come to church and they actually come on the first invite! Find out they have been "Church Shopping" for months if not over a year and at times - quit all together going... The kids seem to be loving Sunday School - we call and email them to make sure they are liking it. They seem to be on the same page with everything. They keep coming back and at times I really think they are going to start serving and Lord knows we need a connected family like this serving!
Folks who come to church and those who put 110% in serving the church in every capacity are very different in their walks with Jesus! Just when we are ready to get VBS kicked off and the entire family can take part in serving - taking ownership in doing something for God - doing something for those in our church - and BANG!!!!!!

They walk away. A little email is sent saying - they are moving on and it just isn't right. The kids are upset but we feel it is best to move on to another church. I am not even a pastor - I am just someone who has poured my heart into this mission - into this church - into loving and caring for folks - into praying we are connecting people to Jesus - into making sure every detail is covered on Sunday mornings so that the people who are just "Not Sure About Church" we have erased all the excuses - then they just walk away. Man I am hurt with this....but I will press on because our church is not for everyone. I am glad they came for as long as they did. I pray and wish them all the best in their church search and hopefully in their church home.
I guess when you find a church HOME and Jesus really takes over your heart - its only natural for you to want to share it - share the experience and the joy and the peace - the family connection with everyone we can.

It's really a shame.... but we will move on - investing in the next family - the next person and giving the Lord the avenue to connect folks to Him. Praise the Lord.

We are blessed when we have worked up a good appetite for God. God's food and drink is the best meal you'll ever eat.
Staying Hungry.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't let this one get you down or hinder your work. Consider the source. You are doing great things in a lot of peoples lives,,including mine and my girls so don't let them get you down!!! Knowing that you are praying for us, care for us, and are there for us means so much more than I can ever tell you. I truly feel like you, Carol, and Kyle are family and considering the fact that mine aren't close, that means a lot!! You are a strong witness of God's love,,,keep up the good works!!!!
D