Monday, July 23, 2007

John 11:35-36
Then Jesus wept. The people who were standing nearby said, "See how much he loved him".


This passage was talking about Jesus's friend - Lazarus. Jesus feels your pain friends - He understands your struggles. No doubt about it that you will move on from the place you find yourself today, right now, when you have given yourself to Him. He will see you through these struggles and always remember that Jesus - God himself - Loves you!
Many folks around me today find themselves in such tough places. A place where they see no way out. A rebuilding that needs to take place - a safe haven to heal - a child that is sick or hurt - Maybe you don't have the energy or the courage to move forward, Paralyzed right where you stand. Maybe it was someone else who has put you where you are today and you are left holding the bags, the shame, the hurt and the guilt.
I learned many things during the time my mom passed away. Looking back I know God led me moment by moment and gave me the strength to endure this hard time. I am better for it in SO many ways today because He loved me during this time and I know that. I felt it more so than at any other time in my life. I am forever a changed person because of that experience and experiencing God in such awesome ways. Such comfort and such beauty was provided when I didn't think I could do one more thing. God will do this for you also. Ask Him, Trust Him and rely completely on Him. We expect so many things that we are unwilling to wait for, a quick fix for this and a quick fix for that. It's in Gods hands the timing of when things are right. When we rush through things, we make bad decisions that many times we pay for them years and years down the road and sometimes we never fully recover from them.
Jesus knows your pain, your loss and your hurts. He has walked in your shoes before your feet even did. Examine your circumstances - they can be far worse than they are right now. Focus on the good things, the blessings that are around you, the people around you who are helping you, encouraging you, loving you and praying for you. Start at that place - build one step at a time and ask the Lord to walk with you. Its a journey and along the way there is much to learn about who we are and why we are here. God gives us purpose and direction. His ways are best and you are at a place today for a reason. Once you accept this reason, then it will be time to move past it. Then true healing can begin and God will bring you through the other side.
Its up to you how long you stay where you are and if things get better or worse.
His provisions and His ways .... will lead to victory.
Love you all,
Randy~

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

Thank you for your words today, they came at a much needed time in my life.
I love you as always,
Aunt Sharon