Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tough getting out of the gate...

Wow its been harder than normal to get back into gear today after a few days off. Is it Monday or Tuesday? Maybe I am too sore from moving rocks and a night of sleep that I awoke lots of times thinking about what I had to do today. Did I get to all of them - LOL. I have to admit that I did not have my bible while we were away the last 4 days - nor did I blog much - just kind of unplugged from things for a bit. Its good to do that from time to time but I work best when I am focused and in gear. Its hard for me to unwind since I am on the move all the time. I look forward to seeing some church family this week at the ball fields as Kyle has 2 games this week. I look forward to Sunday and getting back to serving and hearing a great message from Pastor Jimmy. I look forward to seeing my Rock Group family and planning ahead this summer for some baseball tickets, movie night and maybe even a pool cookout party. :)
As I look at the months schedule and who is serving this month - it has hit me like a ton or rocks that we just don't have enough folks serving and stepping up to the plate. Things fall on the shoulders of very few people - they are always there ready to serve and come in to get dirty. Thank goodness for those few folks.
I remember telling Carol to relax - pray for folks to come and serve - when she took over the children's ministry. I need to hear that advice today. I have never been great at long term plans - they eat me for lunch because I am on fire to get the job done - blast it and be done with it kind of guy. Just ask Carol with any great idea's she has had - That's how we have a pool and a cabin...... her idea's not mine!
Anyways - I know that the Lord will send us some folks to serve in the ministry area's we need at church. We just have to continue to lead and lead by example - show the value of serving and not just spending our time and wheels. There is great value in serving at your church - friendships are formed there - people pray for you there and you gain a sense of value to your church family. Ownership - Commitment. Valuable things to learn today.

2 Thessalonians 3
11We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat. 13And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right.

Thanks for letting me vent a little today... Idle time and sitting still? Tough on me..... time to get back in the saddle so God can take us places and the chance to show others His awesome favor.

Randy~

No comments: