Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thanks dad!

Let me begin today with sharing with everyone - how awesome the church service was in the park! Got there a little early - the band had everything under control and were setting up almost everything so there was not much for the setup crew to do - until the grill showed up! They backed it in - YES You heard right - they backed the grill in and fired it up. Cooking surface probably 6x8 feet! Little did I know that I was appointed the COOK. So to work I went.... trying to remember the old college days and all those early morning summer hours while in school - those late evening work nights when Carol would wait for me to get off work at 9 so we could hang out a little. See my dad taught me how to work the grill. If anyone has never worked a grill - Short order cook - that is some hard work. My dad has done this type of work his entire life and let me tell ya - its tough stuff. Sure it's only cooking on the grill - but when you are cooking like that and things flying all over the place, no rest for the weary - no break from the action and we are talking about people's food here - we know how we are about our food!
I think we cooked 150 Hamburgers and 200 hotdogs.... I may be off on the numbers being that the numbers are too LOW - but with the help of my buddies - Mike, Mike and Dan - we got 'er done.
WOW - awesome time with friends we invited coming - good music and a short message - in the park. It was great - Pastor Jimmy even saying how cool this was and we need to do this more often cool.
Dad - I learned all that from you. Thanks...... I haven't cooked like that in years and I am sure without your training and guidance and setting a good example - I would not have been able to do it. It was great seeing everyone happy with their food - being at church - and just loving each other because we are all part of Gods family.

Psalm 37:4
4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

I couldn't agree more because God sure has my family and I on a great path right now. Riding the wave .......
Today is my birthday today - 41 years old. Going to have lunch with Kyle and my kids today. Nothing refreshes the soul like children. God must feel the same way.
Loving life ~

Peace out,
Randy

PS: Thanks again pops!

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

That sounds like a great night last night! I can smell hamburgers and hot dogs cooking on the grill right now!!
I know I sent you a card and a Happy Birthday email this morning but it's not just a birthday, it's a Godly birthday for you! I love how you say it is a great ride and God has your entire family and enjoying the ride! That is what God is all about! He is blessing you and your family so richly, I thank God for that just about as much as you do! Our life is exactly what we make of it, we can be a shinning light for the world to see, or a light going out and you are definitely the shinning light! Happy, Happy Birthday in the Lord!!
We love you
Aunt Sharon & Uncle Buster