Friday, May 11, 2007

Proof in the Testimony

I recently posted my comments about the debate that took place on ABC between the 2 atheist's and the 2 Christians. I wanted to again voice something because the differences between the two groups of folks were so far apart. You can reread those comments if you wish or you can continue reading here - your choice. But what really got my interest up was the fact that the 2 Christians were going to prove their point, without faith but based on science and fact, that there is a God. I thought to myself that this just won't work and faith is required to prove that there is a God. I knew that the debate between the 2 parties could/might be a good thing because it brings people together and they discuss the points in detail but not when science is the focus. Data/science can be manipulated to prove anything! When speaking to someone about faith and to people who have such "Pride" - meaning that they are going to do whatever to prove they are right and thus WIN the debate - the other party has already lost. I think the 2 Christians on the show were on target in many ways because they spoke the Truth with compassion and love - extended that through their words to the 2 atheist's. That is what Christians are supposed to do - to love people regardless of what they believe or what they have done. No judgement - but it is hard - especially when being attacked.
You can't tell me there is no God because I have seen so much the last few years with my mom passing away, the things God has brought me through in my life, healing me and people around me - faith is required to know there is a God. I believe it is the Holy Spirit that convicts a man of sin, not us. We are merely the "vessel." I believe there is a time for healthy debates, but that at some point, we need to be sensitive to allow the Holy Spirit to penetrate the Truth into their heart and back off with arguments. Case and point being the discussion a few weeks back with someone close to me. There was heated conversation and ill feelings afterwards - and that did not do either of us any good -especially with the last words being- I hope the Mets lose! I want to have those conversation with him and I want to have healthy discussions about God and His word in the bible again - but when people are so hard hearted - no belief what so ever - nothing that I say will change that. It is what it is. To accept Jesus in your heart as your Lord and Savior, will require faith on your part. Only then will you be able to see God - experience God - and live the changed life that He has placed on you. I think there comes a time that we must just love these folks - let the holy spirit work through us and let God handle the situations.... these arguments and discussions when done right and in the right context - will prove valuable.... if handled correctly and with grace, love and respect. God lets us chose to accept Him or not - I challenge you to study both sides of the discussion. If you don't believe in God - read the Bible (New Testemant) and see for yourself. Then make your decision - don't rely on the discovery channel for all your data and facts.
I heard not long ago that My God didn't hear all the prayers when something that someone needed wasn't delivered or it didn't happen. Faith just might have been required on that persons part in order for it to happen. Why would God answer you if you don't believe in Him?
Need proof there is a God - accept Him - and then see for yourself. Then lets debate over our God... and compare testimonies. NOW that would be something to discuss........
Randy~

No comments: