Thursday, May 31, 2007

31 days of prayers.... for our children

It occurred to me this morning on the way to work that I have kept a great promise in praying for our children this month. Also to always include a prayer in my daily prayers for my family, my church and my rock group children ~ Especially our teenagers! - One of the things that God has opened my eyes this year has been my kids at school. Kyles classmates. What a year it has been ... there is nothing better to raise a mood - to raise expectations- to bring a smile to a face than spending time with these kids.... unconditional love in the simplest of forms. Each of these children are special and bring something different to everything - in the way they see things, examine things, share things - feel things. They are such a great group of kids and even though school only has a few more weeks left - I will be spending as much time there as I can until the end of the year. Who knows what next year will be like... my sons teacher may not be as open to a dad to come and share his time with this new class.... the kids will be older and they may be a little more grown up then ... who knows - but I have sure enjoyed my year with my kids.
We have a few more lunches left - a field day - a pool party for the boys that my wife Carol has arranged, planned and made happen. It will be weird seeing my kids in the halls next year in all different classes and at different times - not all together. I pray there will always be that smile on their face when they see me- even if they are in different classes and its only a moment to say hey Mr. B!!
God opened these doors for me - a door I never knew was there. A door to my heart for children no matter what they are going through in life. I will forever remember 3rd grade.

31 days of prayer this month - at a time when summer is almost here and the kids are out of school. A few months before I get to see them again. Some will move to another city - another school. All of them moving onto another teacher and another class. 31 days of prayer for my small group children - who I have the honor to love and to see each week - to influence and share Jesus with them and their parents as we do this life ~together~!
God is pretty awesome with this incredible plan. Glad I had the courage to walk through the door that I didn't even know was there until now... but God knew all along was there for me, if I would just have the courage to do it.
What door is awaiting you - do you have the courage to step forward in something that God has right in front of you? Take the risk - take the chance loved ones. God has things worked out and His plan is in motion if only you would trust in Him.
Love you all,
Randy~

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

You are awesome and loved Mr. B!!

Aunt Sharon