Friday, May 11, 2007

Moms are awesome....

I know its not yet Mothers day but I wanted to share something here today with everyone as this has been on my mind for a few days now. I may not get the time to post this coming Sunday because even though my mom is not here and Carol's mom is not here - there are mothers in my life and that day - is their day!
Mothers - What you do every day matters! It matters to your families that you lead them and show them what being a mother is all about. They will learn everything from you. Are you a compassionate person? Do you show everyone grace and love? Are you kind and loving to those around you? Do you live with passion? Are you gentle and listen to every detail?
Our children learn everything from you!
My son Kyle got up from the table we were eating at last night at our favorite place to eat to open the door for a woman pushing her husband in his wheelchair so that they could get in easier. He has compassion and such a big heart - he has learned that from his momma. He has her sense of humor and finds something funny in everything that he does. He is always smiling and always touching the lives of the people around him.
Our children learn the value of family - of eating supper together - of loving each other even during times that are hard. You are always teaching and showing your family that a mother's love is like no other.
I remember my moms smile and her soft brown eyes. I remember her belly laugh when my brother did something funny. I cherish the time my mom and my little brother were at the hospital when my dad had his heart attack - we slept on the floors - ate the hospital food - never once complained about anything - I remember hiding out in the little soda machine room on the floor laughing like there was nothing on earth that was funnier. I remember my mom being able to float on her back in the pool and listening to Elvis over and over again. I remember the love my mom had for Jesus and for going to church - but rebellion kept her from living out that dream and those wishes until God used her to bring me to Him. God used her so that I would come to Jesus - and I am the one that took part in bringing her to Jesus. Irony there but part of the perfect plan Jesus had all worked out in detail long ago. It is why I pray and hurt so much for my family, friends and the people close to me. God has changed my life and has shown me so much through my mom and the experience of her passing, knowing she is in heaven today and knowing I will again - get to see those eyes, hear that laugh and again - get a mothers hug that no child should be without. I look at my son - and see the things of my wife in him - I see my mom in him.
My mom kept many things from my brother and I - keeping us at a safe distance from the trials in life. There are many things I know now - that I would have never known if mom did not have to leave. My dad is left a broken man now and my heart hurts for him so much as he searches for things of this world. For truth, justice and fairness - direction and purpose. Those are things that only Jesus can provide and I pray everyday that he finds Him somehow in the pit that he is in. Many of us are still hurting from the loss of my mom and Carol's mom because they were the center of our families. They meant so much to so many people. We are all hurting but some of us, think that people don't understand. That they are the only ones hurting today. I pray for those feelings and hurts to change because we are all hurting. I lost my mom - Carol lost her mom - Kyle lost his grandma - My aunt Sharon lost her sister and best friend... Life is for the living and God can move people through the storms in life but it requires faith - it requires trust.
Mothers do the things they do out of love - and its that love that passes down through the generations and that love sets up the miracles in life. If it were not for my mom - I would not know Jesus today. If I did not know Jesus - I don't know if I would have been able to handle the loss of my mom and to experience death first hand like I did not long ago.
I want to say Thank You to the Mothers out there - first hand - because what you do everyday means so much not only today but for years down the road. God used my mom to shape my life today ~ Mothers - God is using YOU today to shape the lives of your children today.
Pray for your children - love them and show them what being a mother is all about. It makes all the difference in the world. God is using you for the miracles later on.
Carol I love you ~ for the compassion your mother gave you and for putting up with me! You are setting Kyle up for some amazing things in this life - Your mother would be so proud of you and so proud of Kyle and who he is today. He is just like you and I am forever blessed, grateful and thankful.
The story in the bible of the little boy who had his lunch packed when Jesus fed the 5000 people with fish and bread. What an amazing story - where do you think he got his lunch from?

His mom........

John 6
John 6
Jesus Feeds Five Thousand
1 After this, Jesus crossed over to the far side of the Sea of Galilee, also known as the Sea of Tiberias. 2 A huge crowd kept following him wherever he went, because they saw his miraculous signs as he healed the sick. 3 Then Jesus climbed a hill and sat down with his disciples around him. 4 (It was nearly time for the Jewish Passover celebration.) 5 Jesus soon saw a huge crowd of people coming to look for him. Turning to Philip, he asked, “Where can we buy bread to feed all these people?” 6 He was testing Philip, for he already knew what he was going to do.
7 Philip replied, “Even if we worked for months, we wouldn’t have enough money[a] to feed them!”
8 Then Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up. 9 “There’s a young boy here with five barley loaves and two fish. But what good is that with this huge crowd?”
10 “Tell everyone to sit down,” Jesus said. So they all sat down on the grassy slopes. (The men alone numbered about 5,000.) 11 Then Jesus took the loaves, gave thanks to God, and distributed them to the people. Afterward he did the same with the fish. And they all ate as much as they wanted. 12 After everyone was full, Jesus told his disciples, “Now gather the leftovers, so that nothing is wasted.” 13 So they picked up the pieces and filled twelve baskets with scraps left by the people who had eaten from the five barley loaves.
14 When the people saw him[b] do this miraculous sign, they exclaimed, “Surely, he is the Prophet we have been expecting!”[c] 15 When Jesus saw that they were ready to force him to be their king, he slipped away into the hills by himself.

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

Your blog today for me was hard to read, tears flowing, this mother's Day and Sis' birthday on Tuesday the 15th will be hard for me even though I know exactly where she is. She will always be alive in my heart and I look forward to the day I see her again in Heaven and I still miss her so. There are no words to describe the loss I feel yet really no words to describe the happiness I feel of knowing she is in Heaven and not Hell. So many, many times I catch myself saying "it just don't seem real" and I don't know if it ever will seem real that she is not here, yet I feel her presence everywhere I go, every beautiful thing I see. Sometimes it is a sad fog hanging over me and yet sometimes it is a feeling that makes me look to the sky and Heaven above and smile. It's almost like I can see her smiling back at me with her big brown eyes sparkling just like you remember too Randy. She taught me things too, things that have stayed with me and shaped who I am, and I can still hear her say to me "you can do anything you set your head to" and "I am so proud of you". I miss that, she just had a way of making you believe it. I Know in my heart that no one in my family ever loved me and cared about me as much as my sister Lois did. It was a rare bond that only special sisters and best friends lumped together could have. Once in a lifetime. She left this world for a better one, I believe in my heart she wanted to go, she just didn't want to leave us. I know she is watching for me and I know one day I will see her again. Oh it won't ever be the same as it was, it will be better and it will be forever. We won't ever have to say goodbye again.

Randy, Carol, and Kyle, I am so proud of you all, and love you all so much.
Aunt Sharon