Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Thoughts on ABC debate if there is a God or not...

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=3130360&page=1

Judge for yourself.

Why is it that the crowd laughs and claps at the comments made by the atheists? Why do the atheists want to go back to who made God? Who made the universe? What we really know of God is what is written in the Bible. Those are Gods words handed down to countless people over years and years. Jesus came and showed us how we should live and love each other - to respect each other and more importantly, He showed us that death has no hold on us if we put our faith and trust in Him. He died - we hung Him there and we killed Him because of our sins and selfish ways. Afraid to have our way of life taken from us, many chose, even then while Jesus performed miracles and spoke in ways nobody has ever heard of before - still they chose to not believe him. Jesus was killed, 3 days later by over 511 people - in groups and in personal settings - Jesus appeared, ate, drank, spoke, people felt his wounds and scars. He came so we can understand God more and have a personal relationship with Him. How we get there is our own story and each is different. If we cannot understand the Bible and the teaching it gives us - how can we up the comprehension to understand the creation of the universe? How God came about - even though He tells us He is the beginning and the end. Our sense of everything on this earth is capsuled in time. It gives us a reference of a beginning and an end. God has no end - He doesn't see us when we die as it being over - its just another step in His creation, plan and purpose. When we see things through the eyes of God and what is expected of us as a people - the world would be a different place ~ God has given us the choice to follow or not - to accept Him or not. I have put my heart and trust with Him - if it turns out I was wrong - which I don't truly think I am - then I have lived an awesome and blessed life leaving a legacy of good, a legacy of love behind for my family and friends and all who have known me. I think even that is better than living for myself, filling my belly of food as my brothers go hungry, and staying in my selfish ways of always doing what makes me happy - hoarding the things I can't take with me and next years garage sale items.
I would never make a good debater - I am not good at arguments.... We are on a small planet in a universe that we have no possible way to comprehend it all nor will we understand how big it is and all the integral parts of it - a spec of pepper in a large pepper shaker. I'll take my chances on God. His plan for my life is way better than anything I have come up with. How about you? What plan do you have?
We are all getting out of here one day..... put that decision off another day or put a plan into action........
Randy

No comments: