Sunday, December 30, 2007

Not just another Sunday...

One of the things I am going to try harder at in the new year is trusting God more. Like many others who I talk with at church - they have a hard time sleeping sometimes when its time to step up big and serve. I was again up at 4am this morning - not able to sleep - tossing and turning - taking time to pray for each member of my rock group, my family, Walter and my dad, for my church and for some big things in 2008.
I shared something today with one of "MyKids" that I was really excited about sharing and the situation just happened - happened the way God wanted it to. See I have some things in my journal book that I keep for taking LifeTalk notes and in that book I have some pictures, some notes from some of "MyKids" and other stuff. I showed her what was in my book and she noticed something of hers in there. I told her that all the things she is looking at are from "MyKids" and I personally pray for each of them each week. She was included in that and she looked at me and said "Really" I said "Yes". Some of these kids dont even come to our church but that doesn't mean that they are not important to me and that they are not important to God. It was a great shared moment and I pray this child can really know the investment I am trying to make in her life.

Today church was a little empty as far as seats go. Pastor Jimmy had a great message, the band rocked and the video selection was pretty awesome also - ending with bloopers from all the recordings over the last year - some of which were really really funny. I look forward to Jan 6th - our next Rock Group meeting - I miss all my "peeps" - seems like I haven't seen some of them for weeks! I look forward to having Kim and her family back and the Lucas family back SOON!!!

Carol is under the weather today - please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Prayers needed for Walt who is not doing well at all. I keep praying for the right moment to talk about God with him ... God will tell me when its time. Sometimes our lives need to be hit with a hammer and broken into smaller pieces before our heart can move to a place where God can enter it.

Kids are back at school this week - I am back at work and that means - back to seeing "mykids" at lunch again.

I am putting something together for a blog post for new years - talk with you then........and no I am not staying up for 12:00 - LOL

Love to all,
randy

No comments: