Monday, December 3, 2007

What a blessing.....~

Since I have been leading a ministry team at church now for almost 7 months, Mondays have taken on a new meaning. Yes there is plenty to prepare for, study for with leading a Rock Group, serving a good long day on Sundays from dawn to dark - Mondays I find myself tired and drained but still having to go to work. I am thankful for what I do and where I am - blessed to have my door open not only to help folks with their technology issues but also for their spiritual issues. On a college campus - sometimes I wonder if I am making any difference at all. Yesterday is a reminder that serving others, 100% dedicated prayer and consistent support from my wife Carol, Kyle and my Rock Group families - and my church makes yesterday such an awesome day.
When project ARK was launched in our Rock Group 5-6 weeks ago, there was a family that I had just reconnected with. They had been coming to our church for many years and this family would come in spurts. Come for 5-6 Sundays and then be missing for a few months. Come back for 8 Sundays and then be gone again. When we moved our services to a new location, I really began to wonder if this family knew we had moved and where they were. I had really had this family on my heart since the moment I met them. I really connected with miss Hailey who is Kyles age. If you have read my blog any - you know the story so I wont go there again here. But long story short - I have been having lunch at school each week with miss Hailey and I really look forward to that time invested.
Yesterday - was the day I had been praying for since spring! Kyle came and found me in between services - I was putting out new pens and envelopes in the chairs after the 9:30 service and he came running in and said - Daddy she's here! Hailey is here! I said "WHAT?" I followed him into the K-5 area and her mom was checking her in. It was a magical and such a moment I won't soon forget. See the folks teaching Sunday school at 11:00 could not be there and Carol and I fill in as back up - we both were in K-5 yesterday helping with Sunday school. It was meant to happen this way - all part of the perfect plan. Her mom thanked me for helping with her lunch money - I explained that it was such a blessing to do this for them and one day soon, I hope to share our story of Project ARK. I got to show them around and each area of our church. They went ahead and into the service and when the kids were dismissed, I got to hang with "My Kids". There were a few extra of "My Kids" there yesterday and it was just fun sitting with them, talking with them and being a part of their lives.
Our Christmas series kicked off yesterday. We had Christmas trees lit up - all kinds of extra lights in the Worship Center and the place looked amazing! For this family to come back and pick this Sunday as their day to start again.... is just perfect. Beginning of a new series, Christmas LifeTalk kicking off, new digs - man its awesome.
When Hailey's mom came to get her after the service she said, "See you next Sunday!" - I got a couple extra hugs and questions of when I am coming to have lunch LOL -

It is pretty awesome when we can invest time in this kind of stuff. Lasting and meaningful - time spent in prayer over a family and God answers those prayers by bringing them through His doors on a Sunday morning. See we are not just attending church and checking off the box for the week of things to get done. This is life changing stuff taking place and God has many things to show us if we would just take the time to see them. Life might never be the same again after experiencing Jesus - Others come before yourself. People matter - relationships matter - Children matter - loving and helping people matter!
I look forward to lunch this week with all "My Kids" because they all matter! Each and every one of them. I wonder how God feels about us ..... "My Kids" - all of us matter.
Every day is Sunday now..... Faith taken out of my Sunday service and bringing it with me in my daily walk ......
Everyday is such a blessing ... one moment at a time.
Love you all,
Randy~

No comments: