Friday, December 21, 2007

Pictures - a Moment in time and also PRICELESS



Take a moment and really LOOK at this picture....... take another moment and really look at it.

These are "My Kids" Lexi is the one dressed up in the Elf costume and Morgan is on my side there. We shared such a smile this evening during one of our Rock Group meetings that is just priceless. Carol always has a camera around and my computer is full of not files of work - but of pictures. They are snapshots of time. Taken in the moment and I am thankful for this picture!

What Lexi and I were talking about was if she likes dressing up for these work party things - she does ...and we were just glad her dad was not voted to wear the "Elf" costume! So there brings the smiles ... I love moments like these because its investing in others - investing time and energy into the lives of others. It shapes my daily walk - even today - I had a meeting in Kannapolis this morning and I had a time limit because I had a lunch date with 2 - 5th graders. We shared an awesome lunch and it means a lot to me when they come down the hall and smile and wave with excitement knowing I am there for them. Teachers - take notice because they are in full contact with those children who don't get visitors and folks to have lunch with them. Broken promises day after day..... that part breaks my heart.... and that is a motivating factor as to why - God has placed these children on my heart. They are worth the effort!!! I think God would agree .... they are worth it and looking at this picture above - man its just priceless.

Where are you investing your time? Would it matter 2o years from now?

This picture is worth a thousand words don't you think? Thanks Lexi and Morgan for sharing the moment.....

Randy~

No comments: