Sunday, December 23, 2007

Got love that camera~


This is the picture that was taken at Carol's birthday on the 20th. She had no idea where or what we were doing other than going out to eat. Donna did not know either but accepted the invitation anyways! Brave girl!!!! From the left is Taylor - Morgan in the back - Donna up front, Kyle, Carol and myself in the back.
The night began with me picking up everyone and heading to the Japanese steakhouse. Last year I got Carol at the mexican place near our home and was welcomed by 10 other close friends from church ... this year we scaled it down a bit! Carol, Kyle and I have been talking about eating at one of these places for a few years but have never taken the time or opportunity to do it. Kyle, Morgan and Taylor all sat wide eyed as the chef cut up shrimp, steak, chicken, vegi's, rice, noodles all while giving us a show with knives and fire! It was awesome - the company was great and the food was great. After sharing some gifts - we went Christmas light looking though Harrisburg and Concord. It reminded me back to a time when my family would do this together. We so much enjoyed looking at all the lights and peoples homes all decorated beyond anything we have ever seen. This year, we did see some amazing houses that were decked out. Morgan was good with all of them except for the moving Santa or animals! She really let us know it that she didn't like moving stuff! It was really something to invest that time into these kids - special moments they can reflect and look back on as they grow up and have their own families. I hold that time when I was a kid very close to my heart. Its those times I can never get back since my mom left to be with the Lord but I bet there are many "Christmas lights" in heaven that a far better than anything we are looking at!!! We all didn't want the evening to end ... Can't wait till next year!!!
It's going to be hard to top this one! Hope you had a great birthday Carol!! Thanks Kyle, Donna, Morgan and Taylor for that special evening. Love you guys!
Randy~

No comments: