Sunday, December 23, 2007

Desperate times call for desperate measures~

I will be honest with you - I am really struggling today. I have some heavy things that are weighing me down. All of which - there is nothing I can do about it but notice what I said there - nothing I CAN DO ABOUT IT. I will be praying hard for a few things over this Christmas.
Today's message at church really hit home for me. The baseline message was Joy - Happiness.

They seem the same but they are very different. I have folks all around me right now hurting from one thing or another. Some are choosing to hurt and some are choosing to HURT BIG TIME LATER! There is nothing I can say - nothing I can do except to continue to love these people - as is and then help pick up the pieces when its over. God wants you to be happy - He does not promise you happiness but through Him - He does promise you Joy. He promises you purpose and meaning in your life. So many folks are struggling because they choose to be where they are today and some choose to continue to walk down a path that will have NO Good Outcome! My heart is just hurting for those loved ones today.
A few times during the message I just want to hide in the corner and just break down - get it over with. Feeling hopeless and sick to my stomach -but I know God will provide what I need as well as what these folks will need if they call on Him at any time.
So here I stand - stepping aside - ready to help pick up the broken parts. God wants to give you Joy and its amazing how many people continue to NOT accept it. They are doing what they are wanting to do - regardless......

I have the afternoon off this afternoon - we got done with church early today and Rock Group does not meet again until Jan 6th. I am already praying for that meeting - you would think I could sit and watch some football - take a much needed nap since I was up at 4:50 this morning praying that God would reveal Himself to those around me who NEED to hear from Him in a big way - Like TODAY!!!!

So I guess I will try to keep busy today and not let my heart and mind run off somewhere - bogging down doesn't do anyone any good. Desperate times call for Desperate measures - God its all in Your hands......

Randy~

No comments: