Thursday, January 25, 2007

Walking in Comfort.......

I am excited about today - I am off after work to serve my cousin this evening and help her move some stuff into her new home. I am looking forward to some good conversation tonight with her and its always refreshing when I am with her because God is always a part of our talks. Not that my home life is not that way, my family pray all the time and God is throughout our home, but its nice to open the doors to a new avenue and share something with someone who is close to me - whom I love and my family loves with open hands, open hearts, no strings attached, no agenda, no repayment - just honest godly- love taking place. I am then off to my dads house tomorrow evening to take care of some things. I pray God leads all these conversations and whatever happens - its in His hands. Details.... given to Him.
I think about my time at my mom and dads tomorrow- its hard for me to just say "dads" because it will always be "mom & dads" when I come to visit. My mom and dad were always a pair - always together and they got their identity from each other. As my dad goes through his life now - he will be searching for himself because momma made up who he really was. Part of him has died along with my mom - and I know he will always walk with her in his heart even though there will be good times ahead along with the hard ones. I think about the lives that are left after momma has left and how we all have just went on in life, maybe not thinking about our own mortality and our time in the sun so to speak. But truthfully we all will have our moment - will we get the chance to say goodbye to our families? Will be get the chance to tell them you love them and it was an honor to be their dad, mom, sister, nephew, neice, grandmother, brother or friend? Some of us won't get that chance - to come to peace with each other. Friends the time is now - don't cheat yourself and others out of something so special and so rewarding to those who will continue on in life. I think about these families, especially one this morning with one that is close to me - who the dad is all about making a name for himself, building a business, making money, MR. Important - you know the type because we all know someone who is working too hard or caught up in work - he is away working more than he is home with his family. His family is growing, young children who missed out on their daddy seeing them walking for the first time, saying dadda - diapers (LOL) and even in their teen years when they need direction and guidance from a father who loves them. Daughters who learn what a real man is about by the relationship they have with their dads. How a daughter and son should look up to a dad (and mom) and want to be "just like them". Since momma has left - I have went through many shape changes - I evaluate myself all the time and tell my family I love them because we are a team and I wan't nothing being less than what it should be. I want to be better, stronger, the encourager and LOVE more than I ever have because we never know when our time will come to answer Gods call. I want this for everyone around me!! I don't know if I will get the chance to tell my family, on my (body) death bed how much I love them, I will see you again and how proud of them I am. I might not get the chance to tell them that God only gives each of us so much time here - invest it wisely and invest it in each other Just like Jesus told His disciples to do after He was gone. Why can't we live our lives today, like we would be living on our death bed. There is a song by Tim McGraw - "live like you were dying"- has so much meaning to me. Why can't we live today so that during that most important time - we wont have these regrets? I think during that time while we are saying our goodbye's and loving our family and friends for the last time here on earth - I think God comes with a camera - a digital camera to snap for us. A moment in time ..... a snapshot of comfort for us while we are in heaven and for those we left behind. Wouldn't that be really cool? While the rest of us goes on in life - God has given us His word and He is the God of all comfort.
Gods promises - 2 Corinthians 1:
God Offers Comfort to All 3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. 4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 5 For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. 6 Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. 7 We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us.
Let us walk together dear brothers and sisters - lets put down those things that are tied around our necks that keep us down, holding us back, keeping the grave clothes on - and ask Jesus to comfort our heart. Reach out to each other and offer help, comfort, and encouragement. The biggest blessing is when we do this and those we are blessing do not ask for it. Many times people won't ask! - too proud, embarrassed, don't know what to ask for - so they suffer being alone with their struggles. I think about mom sometimes at night, especially when I am up at our cabin and I walk out on the deck at night and there are thousands and thousands of stars. How little I feel - how little I know - what mom knows now and what she must be seeing. I talk with her and I feel her because God gives me that comfort I need to press on doing His work and also moms. Mom lives in me just like Jesus lives in me. I am so small compared to these big things - less of me and more of Jesus! Less of me in my relationships and more of Jesus. Less of me in my marriage and more of Jesus. Less of me in my friends and more of Jesus. Call Him - give Him the details and He will handle them for you. I think how my soul has opened wide open since mom left - how God has filled it with His son and how He has filled it with YOU. No matter what happens to me in this life - I will always know - my little talk with each of you, in case I don't get the chance to tell you on my last day here on earth, on my (earthly) death bed - You will know it in your hearts how much I love you. Rise to the occasion - lead your families with Jesus at the wheel and enjoy your families now - hearts wide open - setting good godly examples by teaching your children - your love for our God - and pass that generational blessing along! Its time for a change....... just like the seasons. God will take notice friends, just ask Him to. Lets walk together....... Jesus will provide the way.....

Randy~

No comments: