Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Honda dealer ~

I know being an american we often have discussions about buying american - but the Honda I have is made almost 80% in Ohio. I would say thats american. Everytime I come in to have service done on my Element - I cant help but to look around and see whats new. Cars are changing so much even though my 1986 CRX got 57 miles to the gallon then and now nothing can barely touch that. As I look around the showroom - I can't help but to think if everyone here has prayed about such a big purchase. Have they considered that a car is just a vehicle to take us from point A to point B? Good reliable transportation is important today in our busy lives but beyond that - its all for show. I think about that extra money that could be put to good use like giving it to church, feeding the neighborhood homeless, the people in real need across our community. I am ok with not having the latest of something - not having the latest clothes and gadgets. Even though I love my IPOD! Way to go Apple~ This showroom is so bright - so fancy and clean - people are so friendly - just makes me want to get a car - a Honda S2000 - I usually sit in the showroom car as they work on my Element. After the first few sales people come by with comments - they just leave me alone figuring - I aint buying - but man I would love to take it to Lowes motor speedway and open 'er up. Maybe one day soon when the guilt of something so MUCH - is not really that much to many around me who I pray for everyday. When their lives change maybe then. I am praying for just basic life necessities for so many. Including the most important - Salvation. I wonder how many dead people are really in here as they shop with big eyes and little wallets. More to follow.....

Randy

No comments: