Saturday, January 13, 2007

Its warm here today - in the high 60's and it should be in the 40's - never have I wanted to see snow more in my life than this year. Global warming seems to be the talk of the town these days - I just want some snow! I have been waiting for this day for a few days now. My family and I are going to surprise a friend of ours this afternoon by showing up at her daughters sporting event. I have been praying for her and her family since before Christmas and I finally shared that with her this week. It was pretty cool and I am looking forward to seeing her today. Its so easy to do something so special for someone - especially when its something small like this. What seems trivial or small to us - can be BIG and huge for others. I will let you know how this afternoon goes. I have been thinking about my prayer life the last few days. Especially since starting 2007 - I want to make this year a big year and a year that raises the bar on my faith journey. I am asking the Lord to take me to a new level in my life and understanding. I will share with you, that soon it will be a year I have kept a prayer journal. I can look back on a specific time and day over the last year and read - what was I asking God for or what was needed in prayer for someone - what was I thankful for. Its been a cool journey this past year and I have been blessed to share this journal with a few close people in my life. Talk about doors opening and hearts wide open. Prayer brings people closer together but first and foremost - it brings us closer to God. My wife and I have have an on going joke the past few weeks where something in the house wont be going right and the other person can tell frustration is going up - the comment of "Honey you haven't spent any time in your bible today?" comes out and we both smile and laugh knowing it true. It takes time to set aside to read Gods word everyday. Sometimes its hard to find time to do anything with everything we have going on. Everyday we must make some time and spend with God. Prayer is something that everyone should do - its personal and uplifting knowing Jesus is listening to our hearts. I have grown the last few years in trying to be specific about my prayers - my praise and thanks. My prayer life was raised a few notches a few months ago when I put down the morning paper. Instead before work during the quiet time of the morning - I read a few pages or whatever I have time to get in, in my bible. Its my time with God and it sets my day straight knowing I am focused - I have asked the Lord to keep my family safe and for us to make a difference in someones life that day. Smile's are so important and sometimes thats all people need to see to change the course of their day. JOY - Jesus first, Others 2nd and Your self 3rd. Prayers - is it part of your life?
More to follow......
Randy

No comments: