Sunday, January 14, 2007

girls are tough......

Ok so you want to know how yesterday went don't you? Well all I can say is - WOW. Smiles all around and our friends daughter was so happy to have some new fans watching her. I took a dvd of the game and will get that copied when I get back to work to give to them. Too bad their team lost in the last 15 seconds but what is more amazing is - girls are tough. These 9 year olds played hard and took it seriously to win that game. The other team had a big cheer at the end and we had nothing but sad and long faces. Next time the coach said - he too had emotions with this game. Todays church service was awesome - my family and I went to the early service to worship and the message was great. Our pastor did an awesome job delivering the message this morning! My wife and I took care of Sunday school in the second service and I am also part of the breakdown team - so had to pack everything up. It was a great day of service seeing everyone - worshipping and singing to the awesome music. I asked my family before we walked in ~to pray for my father n law. He has not been feeling well and is fighting his cancer as hard as he can. I have had some good talks about church and God with him - I pray I get more chances to do so in the future. He has yet to accept Jesus and is still trying to figure all this out himself. I wont give up until it either happens or it will be too late. Ezekiel 33 tells us to be the watchman - to sound the alarm for those who need to hear the Good News. Its our obligation in accepting Jesus to sound the alarm for those who don't know Him. We can't make them accept Jesus but its our duty to sound the alarm for them. As I focus my prayers this year like I said, I am expecting God to come through big time for me and for the lost ones in my life. As I learn more and more about Jesus, praying and spending time learning Gods word - it is obviose that my life has forever changed. After spending time first thing in the mornings with God - I find myself focused and wanting to do more in my day for someone. It sets my sight for the day on someone else other than myself. I am looking outward instead of looking inward. I want to do this life with others - I want to do this life with Jesus. I do believe I am less of a sinner that day that I start my day with Jesus than I would be otherwise. I still fall short on most things, make mistakes - we all do but things are just so much more focused with Jesus in my day. Our lives are busy - we have to make time to get certain things done but we all have the same 24 hours. I have heard many times over the years that people make time to do what they want to do. Make time to spend with God - let Him open the heavens to bless you - experience Jesus in your life. Its not just going to church and doing all the things Christians are supposed to do - its about transforming your life and setting the sails to a new course. Jesus can do that - He will if you let Him. Experience Him - it will be the best trip you have ever taken. The best is not behind us - its ahead of us..........
Come with me and enjoy the walk...
Randy

No comments: