Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Thank you for all those who emailed me today and called me concerning my uncle. I went up to Mt Airy the night before and I am blessed to spend some time with my cousin last night and help her move some stuff to her new home. Momma left me something so special with her - nothing on this earth that I could do for her would repay her for her frienship and love. Thanks for the blessing of making my trip this morning SHORT and the first ever shared cup of awesome coffee in your home!! My uncle looked better today after his surgery than he did when he went in. I am thankful for him - his faithfulness in praying for me and for those in our family for many years - is awesome. There was no other place on earth I would have rather of been this morning, than by his side and the side of my aunt. As their pastor finished up prayer with us this morning my uncle grabbed my hand and said "Brother - I will see you in an hour or I will be seeing your momma". WOW - I hid this as much as possible - but I have to be honest - it made me cry on my way home tonight. SO much emotion and so much faith!- if only I can grow to know Jesus in my life as much as my uncle and my aunt. He has been a good and faithful servant and I know God has additional plans for him to accomplish. Today - we prayed a few times in key moments for my uncle - but nothing compares to my uncle before we all left this afternoon to say Randy - will you lead us in prayer? WOW - me - this is the man who has been praying for me for so many years and now is asking me to lead prayer for him and our family as we gathered around him. Lord - I cannot tell you how this fills my heart - how blessed I am to know the bigger picture of You on this earth. Lord it was awesome praying with my family around me for him. Me~ of all people asked to pray for someone who has prayed for me for years -to come to You. Maybe I am too emotional since momma has left - but I tell you - I felt momma today and I knew I needed to be there in her place. What an honor to pray next to such a godly man as my uncle and my aunt. More people should be like him and love our Lord like he does. This brings me to my quote from yesterday -

If you exalt yourself you will be humbled but if you humble yourself you will be exalted.

My uncle was exalted today because he is humble - he is all about the glory and life changing of Jesus - he knows his place is not his own and Jesus has the plan. Jesus wont do anything with out a plan. The only time we can really see Jesus work in our lives and those around us, is when we humble ourselves and give Him the details of our lives to Him. Our control is in His hands - do you give Jesus the details of your life? I know where my uncle is today - either he got to see us again or my momma in heaven - its all good - and in reality, he is so right! That is real faith and that is what Jesus wants us to know. Give control of your life to Jesus - let Him control your life - your finance- your health and so much more. He alone will change your life...... details? Jesus has them if you let Him work them out for you...
Continued prayers for my uncle - I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Humble yourself and dont let your pride stand in the way of the experience that God has in store for you.
He seeks YOU more than you are seeking Him - its a choice of priorities.... what are you choosing? I pray you have spent some time with our king today.
email me - lrbatema@gmail.com

No comments: