Friday, January 26, 2007

Heavenly Birthday....

Good morning everyone - I tried to stay awake last night so that I would have the honor of putting this on here first thing this morning. But as the sun rose this morning - as beautiful as it is - I stepped outside to get a fresh breath of air. It's cold outside and it brings me back to a time in my life that I love to think back on. It was those days that my wife and I traveled to her parents house in Tupper Lake NY. It was those years of traveling back and forth battling the COLD - Skiing, having a weekend away, going out to eat at the Dancing Bear Lounge in Saranac Lake - Carol's mom coming out of the bedroom with her half glass of Pepsi and it frozen in the glass. See this is where it all started - some of ya'll who know us and are close to my wife and I, know we sleep with the windows open in the winter. This is not Upstate NY - but it does get cold here in Charlotte - and with a bald head -(mine) it makes it colder! These are such fond memories -memories of ROAD TRIP with skiis on the top of the car, driving sometimes 9 hours fighting the snow- memories of spending a week on the Mary Lou in Baltimore and Tilghman Island -(probably the best vacation we had ever had!) spending the weekend at Burlington Vermont on the boat - at Skip Jake Cove in SC - so many good memories shared as a family. Today is Mary Lou's birthday - I can say I know now how much my wife and her family miss their mom. I miss mine too - and I miss Mary Lou. She was a class lady and I have so many awesome memories. Mary Lou I pray you are enjoying a heavenly breakfast feast this morning with my mom. We miss you - we all miss you. I can honestly say that I know how my wife feels today with missing her mom. I am walking with you honey - right by your side - because I know how you feel and how your heart is broken. Mary Lou has been gone a few more years than my mom but the pain and hurt is still the same. Think upward loved ones and know one day - we will get to see them again. Jesus gives us that hope and promise. I love you all. Happy birthday Mary Lou - your still a class A lady in my books.
Randy~

No comments: