Tuesday, February 17, 2009

prayers continue.....

I was up early this morning for some reason. From sleep right into a prayer of thankfulness. I love days that start that way. It has a calming peace that hopefully lasts all day on me. I have a big lunch today with a few of "MyKids" - I know in my heart it could be a day for a change in direction and I am at peace with that if that is where God is taking this path.
Lets continue our conversation from yesterday on Prayer. Prayer is conversation with our Heavenly Father. For me, I pray almost all day long in little spurts. I try to find God in the details of my normal day - as I do life. As I come into the office. As I go to work. As I work with a student or a faculty member. As I talk with the lady at Lowes. As I invest in "MyKids" and have lunch in the schools. I am not one to pray for a long periods of time and have only been feeling more comfortable in praying in front of people - like my Rock Group families. I have always wanted to have power in my prayers and meaning for everyone when I do pray in front of folks. Pastors are great at this! My prayers need to be directed to God and Him alone and not to the folks I am praying with. It may be on their behalf, it may be for them but its not "to" them. So that has been a big break through for me in my prayers. One of the things we need to understand is our time in prayer is personal. Our conversations with God need to be personal and with complete honesty. When in prayer, we have to realize God knows our hearts and there is nothing that we are hiding from Him so we might as well pray and leave it all out on the table. Bring it, I think God can handle it. We also have to pray about the small things and not just the big things. I like to think about it this way - If my son is struggling with something, I want to know about it. If it matters to him, it matters to me. God is the same way. If it matters to you, it matter to Him. Tell God what you are feeling, what you're struggling with, and share with Him the victories in your life! IF something means that much to you, continue to lift that in prayer. Be fervent in your prayers - Sometimes God is looking to see how much you really care about what that is you are praying about. It may take some time to pass before God passes along that blessing - He may be working that out for you or he may be changing you for it. Pray Until Something Happens. PUSH - Listening for God seems to be the part where lots of prayers go what we think is unheard or unanswered. Often times we just miss it. I love what John shares with us in John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
The more we seek after Gods voice and direction, the easier it is to hear Him. The closer we walk with Him, the closer He is. Even in the darkest of struggles in life, God is often times as bright and clear in the softest of voices. Keep listening loved ones and looking for God in the details of your day. Pray as you go about life in your normal and every day experience.
My prayer for you and for me today is that we have a honest conversation with God. Sharing with Him how we feel about things and about Him. Prayers for a deeper walk and clearer understanding of the things of Him and apply them to our lives.
Love you all,
Lonnie~

No comments: