Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I was thinking......

What would my life be like if I didn’t love Christ and have a personal relationship with Him? The answer is that in many ways it would be easier for me to live my life. Because every decision I make these days, every single word I speak, every move I make is shadowed by my faith and trust in Jesus.
When I get up in the morning, I have an appointment with Jesus. He is sitting at the kitchen table waiting on me. I had one of "MyKids" tell me how muched she missed me this week and I said - You know where I am on Sundays dear. I am in Sunday school waiting on you and about 50 other kids. She said, she slept in ... and I told her it was not for me to explain the excuse... explain it to God. She promised to be at church on Sunday...... seriously folks, everything in my life revolves around Jesus. Most every thought, action, love that I have, and most words all come from a place I never knew I had until I met Jesus.
My old life was about me. Like so many teenagers today - so many parents who are struggling with their kids because they are doing what THEY want to do and not what they NEED to do. I was that person... my life has completely changed and all for the good. I am reminded of this because of a hard conversation this afternoon with a loved one. I had to go to a hard place and have a hard conversation with her. I prayed before hand to have the words. I am thanking God for that conversation and I honestly think, it couldn't have went any better. It sure could have went a lot worse! The old me, would have never stuck a toe in there and probably would have had a horrible outcome. God changes almost every aspect of a person when they truely follow Jesus.
I have a Word document that I have been keeping bits and pieces of scripture and things I type in as I come across them or have those thoughts myself. Let me share this with you this afternoon"
Mark 12:41-44
Sitting across from the offering box, he was observing how the crowd tossed money in for the collection. Many of the rich were making large contributions. One poor widow came up and put in two small coins—a measly two cents. Jesus called his disciples over and said, "The truth is that this poor widow gave more to the collection than all the others put together. All the others gave what they'll never miss; she gave extravagantly what she couldn't afford—she gave her all."
Sometimes in life we have to give - give to the point where we know there is a sacrifice... With our time, our money and in our passion for what we believe in. Sometimes it takes all three.... Giving God my all is hard.... there are higher standards, there are people I care and love that I would not have, "MyKids" I would have never known, our Rock Group family that we are doing life with, the people who come into my office who need advise or prayer or just someone to talk to.... there is SO much....... following Jesus is hard but worth it in every sense.
Taking some of "MyKids" to the basketball game tonight and tomorrow... something I am thankful for because I would have never done this if Jesus was going with me.
I was just thinking this afternoon,
Lonnie~

No comments: