Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A bit different today~

Woke this morning to an inch of snow on the ground!! Most of the area closed down - schools closed - weather folks reporting from everywhere! Seems there was some ice under that pretty snow - causing some major problems. Work opened late - Carol wondering what happened to the coffee. Got to hang in for a bit this morning and get the house warm after carrying in some firewood. Hey it was a nice change of pace. I am good with change to a certain degree but it does bring you to a new place. Maybe unfamiliar but sometimes - it is familiar.
I struggle sometimes with the choices and decisions that some people make. Especially when it comes to affecting their children in some way. I am not saying I am perfect by any stretch of the means nor do my decisions not affect my family but sometimes I wonder if the people making these decisions are any better at making them then their children are. Hey it's not my place to jump in and say this or that - its their life - all I can do is pray for them and then if it doesn't work out - be there to pick up the pieces and then pray those pieces back together again with Gods grace all in it.
But during this period of time - I am reminded of a piece of scripture -
Isaiah 43:18-19
18 “But forget all that— it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. 19 For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.
Maybe this door will close on this situation and friendship - maybe it will be a slow thing. I am ok with that because I have done what God has asked me to do. Maybe it is time to move on and invest elsewhere and in some new. Believe me though - if this happens it won't be easy. It will be hard but I know God is in control. I know that above all else, all the pain and suffering of walking this walk - He gets the glory for it. I am proud to be where He has taken me and my family for it and through it. Lives changed in some way I know has happened.... long term - Its in Gods hands.
So I am feeling a little strange about it all today. Maybe its me and the devil whispering in my ear and telling me things I don't need to be hearing. I trust in the Lord and I will carry on with the assignment He give me. But for now - I will be repeating this~
Proverbs 4:23
23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
I know that if God closes one door - another He will open. I trust fully in that - that gets me excited~

Glad to see the snow this morning. It was quiet as the snow deafens the noise. I love my mornings and the time that God puts my heart in its right focus.
Peace out~
Lonnie~

No comments: