Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day -

Just letting everyone know - we are home after a few days at the cabin. Friday night, Kyle, Morgan and I were headed to the boat for our NIGHT swim by lantern when we came across a tree down across the road. Our kids went into action - we came back to the house and got the hitch and some rope - headed back out and tied the tree to the van and pulled it from across the road. We all had a big cheer when we got it out of harms way. Anyone driving up could have easily hit the tree due to the curve but we handled it with style. We then proceeded to the lake and got wet. Kyle, Morgan and I swam for a good hour looking up at the stars - never really noticing that we floated half way across the lake! We did get caught up in the moment and I am sure all of us will bring that back up - because it was awesome!
Carol and Donna turned Saturday night in a burping contest. I am not sure who won but it was fun listening to the ladies do their thing! There was nothing but sad faces leaving today - I will post some pictures tomorrow as I get them off the camera.
Sunday, Kyle, Morgan, Taylor and I headed to chimney rock state park - we hiked the park - got some good pictures and Kyle and Morgan ended up in the Broad River - man it was awesome watching them float around the boulders and smiling like kids should.
This morning we woke to rain - heavy rain and it was nice sitting on the deck drinking coffee with no place to go, no where to run to and nobody to answer to. Just listening to the rain as it fell on the porch and our kids laughing. What could be better?
Looking forward to getting some things done this week. Only 1 more week to wait before I get back into my school lunches with "MyKids".
Hope everyone has a good week -
Lonnie~

No comments: