Thursday, September 25, 2008

A story from the front lines....

I want to thank my cousin Angie for her comment she left. It is too good to be buried on one of the posts comments sections so I am placing it here so all can read.
Angie your job is not only doing what a nurse does, we are thankful for that, but you also have the work of the Lord to do and doing that on your job and being with the families who are hurting is such an awesome way in serving the Lord and reminding them all - that Jesus loves them. PROUD OF YOU!!!!
Love you lots,
Randy~

I work with a girl that was at the Medical Center in King when they brought Sonia in the day she passed. Due to her injuries, she said that she didn't suffer at all...for that we can be thankful. My co-worker said that all of her family and a pastor came to see her. I'm not sure if it was the pastor you are referring to or not but she said that he came over to them and asked if they were related to Sonia because they were all crying and they said, "No, we are just the nurses." As a nurse I have been with many families as they have lost a loved one and even though I don't know them, I grieve with them. It is good to know Jesus and be able to offer some comfort to them in these times. To just say, they are with Jesus now and are no longer suffering helps tremendously...he is our ultimate comfort when we need him!!!
Love,Angie

No comments: