Friday, September 19, 2008

Would you pray?

My niece Jenn is out on a date. Yes I said it - a dads nightmare. The first guy to come to the door and take someone I love out on a date. Her dad never got to do this - she is 22 and now for some reason God has given me the opportunity to either act like a redneck and shine up my shotgun or tell him my expectations.
She was so nervous tonight when I got home and to be honest - so was I. What do I say? She did not want anyone to go and meet him and that she didn't want to be embarrased. He was late, came to the door and took his shoes off. He came in and we shook hands, he talked to Carol and Kyle and I told him Adger was an attack dog and in one command I could have him bite him in the crotch. OK - so the funny part was done with - it was a moment I may never get because I don't have a daughter .... I just hope Kyle never gets bit in the crotch.
So off they went - I called her dad and left a message for him - Carol just got a text message and said he was awesome.
I am happy for Jenn. She needs something to look forward to. I pray God protects her tonight but also her heart. She is a good kid and needs to know who Jesus is. May this week, she has gotten to know who He is just a little bit. If only we had more time........... aint that the story of our lives? If only we had more time.......

I will let you know when she gets home...... pray for her~
up until then......
Uncle Lonnie~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH boy I do not look forward to that day, not having a "Dad" or an attack dog in the house- im glad you got some practice- I may need you one day!!

It was great to have the chance to meet Jenn, what a beautiful young woman - I will be keeping her and Katie in my prayers this week