Friday, August 29, 2008

27 minutes late....

Carol and I got to do something very cool this morning. Please read about it here. It was worth being 27 minutes late to work - even if I have to take personal time to do it.

I want to thank those who emailed me yesterday to find out about my post yesterday. Yes as you can tell I was a little ticked and to be honest I still am but I am better now and will continue to keep this under prayer.
This afternoon, Carol, Kyle and I and a great family we love are headed to the cabin for the weekend. I hate that I am going to miss church on Sunday - with the k-5 party, a great message from Pastor Jimmy and getting to see everyone - I will be big time ready to get back on Sept 7th- Which is a special day all in itself being we are having a Baptism that day at the 11:00 service. AWESOME!!!

I am thankful to a family who invited Kyle to go to their church services on Wednesday evening for bible study, supper, music and crafts. Its 2 hours long and its a chance to get our kids together. I appreciate that them for asking, for thinking of Kyle and loving my son enough to have him share time with their daughter and son. The 3 do make a fun bunch and to be spending time in church! Awesome!


I wanted to share something today that I have been thinking about for a few days now.

Let me share a story about this picture. This is taken on the property of a church in Mill Spring NC and it is backdropped by the mountains. It is such a wonderful and beautiful spot. A place for folks to come and visit with a loved one long passed and enjoy the scenery. See those who don't know Jesus end up there in the ground near those stones but the folks who put their trust and hearts into Jesus - will be over that mountain, living with all the loved ones passed and with our heavenly father. Jesus said- that we cannot serve 2 masters. We either serve people or we serve Him.
Friends, you may be a person that puts high value on your friendships - above even family. But let me share with you that people change. We all have differentt demands and they change at every moment. We can't please everyone. People all want different things. When living this way~ you end up all over the place, like a juggler and how long can you juggle? Eventually it all comes crashing down. Some may have friends who just need all the time - they base that friendship on performance and not acceptance. They will never be happy - meet their expectations and guess what - expectations go up and thus around it goes again. They are waiting for you to drop the ball on them. People pleasing, nothing wrong with making people happy, but to live for that is destructive.
Focus your life on pleasing Jesus. Please Jesus and those in your life will also be pleased. If you see the mountains in the picture and not the graves then you are looking at it in a great perspective.
I recently read somewhere that they want to see the small things in the rainbows, the sunsets and sunrises. Friends, let me tell you that God reveals those beautiful things in such vibrant, humble and majestic colors that you cannot see on your own. All things will take on new meanings and people will be seen differently with Jesus in your heart.
I remember talking with my friend Joe last Christmas while heading to the Salvation Army for the Angel Tree program. There was a sunset that evening and we just were amazed at the beauty of it. Joe has brain cancer and each and every day is a blessing on this earth. A chance to see a sunset differently that anyone else. A chance to thank God for creating that sunset. I shared my story with him about my near death experience back in 1999. I too know that awesome wash me over feeling looking at something so incredibly beautiful. We are so small and God is so big. It was a time shared that I will never forget because we both got to see a sunset differently than those who don't know Jesus.
I will stop at this spot this weekend and I will have a few dear people in mind. I want you to know I will be praying for you. Praying that you too will also get to see the sunset differently and that you will see the mountains in the picture and not the graves. Are you one of those I will be praying for? Email me, if you want me to......
Gods Peace -
Lonnie~

No comments: