Friday, September 26, 2008

Rainy Friday~

I was up this morning with the chickens. Got myself down to the local BP station and was 4th in line for gas. They only had 93 octane but I was not complaining. I know that I would not have made it home without getting gas this morning so I am thankful they had some. I wonder if water is treated like that in the middle-east? They sell gas for like .45 a gallon there but water is in short supply.
Anyways, survivor is back on tv. The Bateman clan is big survivor fans and Carol continues to talk like I could win it if I would just try to get on the show. I couldn't lie and cheat like they do... and even last night I am looking for signs for the Christian on the show who could put Jesus out in front of millions of tv watchers. Didn't see any last night..... bummer.

Yesterday was my dads birthday. I got some time yesterday morning to call and talk with him for a bit. It is always good to talk with my dad because we live 2 hours from each other and don't get to see each other often enough. I do know one thing is for sure... I would give anything to once again sit on my mom and dads car port and have a cup of my moms coffee. I would love the chance to sit and talk with them in their green chairs and feel the cool breeze blowing from that mountain. Mom made such good coffee - weak coffee- but weak enough that allowed someone to have 2 cups worth without running to the bathroom :) . I know things are different the last few years and celebrating a birthday is different now - but I am glad my dad is smiling once again. I keep telling him that at this point in life - its NOT time to take a knee and wait for the clock to run out. There is still time on the clock and he has the ball.... so put the ball in play. I am thankful for his new girl in his life. She is a great lady and has rescued my dad in many ways. She came at the right time, in the right way and represents her love for Jesus in many ways. My heart is thankful for that.

Looking forward to Sunday - being at church and serving the community by unloading thousands of pumpkins Sunday afternoon. It is a great time in the Bateman clan as we have lots of kids we are doing this with - we all look forward to this time together. So far we have everyone we have asked coming... and that is totally awesome! Its how we roll ........ with lots of excitement and energy!

Have a great Friday everyone.....
Lon

No comments: