Thursday, September 11, 2008

Last night Carol, Kyle and I met the Brewer family (AWESOME FAMILY) at Sticky Fingers Concord Mills. I am not crazy about ribs and the bbq was just alright in my opinion but the company sure made up for it and the reason why we were there was worth it. We had big time rains here and when leaving work - I was soaked... showered and warmed up when I got home and then headed right back out. I hope both Sticky Fingers locations did well fund raising for "Little Adam". He and his family need that encouragement and to feel the love and care from others around them. They are truely in Gods hands right now. Keep fighting like a gator Adam!

I had my first lunch this week with "MyKids". It was good and I had the table FULL of kids. Some schools are little more relaxed than others. I am thankful for that. I am headed to my sons school in a little bit to have lunch with him and I am nervous for some reason. Maybe its the excitement or maybe its the reason why I am going. "The Kids". I do take them deep in my heart and want to make a good role model for them. I just wish the world was a little different and looked at my actions instead of a man coming in to have lunch with all 1000 kids. There are not many men at lunch and that is only a portion of the problem. I continue to pray about all this... because it does mean a lot to me and God has placed me there and to trust Him.

For those looking for Part 3 of "Have a New Kids by Friday". Stay tuned..... its coming!

I want to share Psalm 100 with you this morning. Always remember that God loves you and has made you. No matter what you are struggling with today - God deserves the praise for those struggles. He is teaching you something in the good and the bad seasons.
Love you all,
Lon~

Psalm 100
A psalm. For giving thanks.
1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his [a] ; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

No comments: