Thursday, January 17, 2008

One day at a time...

We had snow here in NC! It was such a wonderful and beautiful sight to see. I remember my days at Princeton University and having to go into work early and stopping at WaWa at 4:00AM with it snowing and the snow just takes away all the noise - the snow falling and the cold wind clearing out your nose - man I love those memories. I don't fair as well these days with the cold but I do love it and love remembering those awesome memories of snow days and all the stories! Folks up north didn't stop for milk and bread we stopped at the liquor store for beer!! Who needed food then LOL - anyways - I very much enjoyed having the morning off even though the rest of the day was spent at the ER and getting Walt into the hospital. These days come and go and planning is something that just does not work right when things are so up in the air. Carol, Kyle and I were planning on taking some dear friends with us who are family to us to the cabin this weekend~ we may still get to do that but there will be worry and prayer involved and I mean more so than normal everyday stuff. Walt has so many strikes against him and in a way I am looking forward to spending some time with him tomorrow at the hospital because the Lord may open an opportunity to speak truth to him and I have been praying for that moment - I have been shedding tears over that moment because I don't want to lose Walt - he has been a great guy in my life for over 20 years now and has taught me a lot about life and about love and how to talk and treat people. He is a class act even if he does not know Jesus but I continue to lift him to God every day and so do a lot of other people - I am thankful for our prayer warriors!

I wanted to share with everyone the 2nd week of a Bible study I am teaching - 30 Days to live - and this is my closing song video I am showing everyone. Its a video from Jeramy Camp - "Walk by Faith" - if you don't know this song you can go to Itunes and download it - it is well worth the investment and has a powerful message. One that I want to share with my Rock Group in 2 weeks. His wife of 4 months developed cancer and passed away and he recorded this song because he did not understand what was happening and he thought God was the healer but did not heal his wife. Many times we don't understand and there is a greater purpose - a greater struggle in Walts case and there is something that God wants to teach us. I went through this cancer thing not long ago with my mom and I have no understanding of what God's bigger purpose is.... but I am at peace with it all and I just have to say - Lord, I don't understand this but I know You do and its with You I leave all that I don't understand. I am asking You today Lord to show me in simple terms what You want me and Carol to understand. Show all of us what You want us to know. I know you see death differently than we do and I am ok with that. I just ask that Your glory and Your praise come from all this and that Walt may come to -know You Lord - I have not given up hope nor will I until You say its done.

Let me share "Walk by Faith" with you now - Jeramy Camp~ Dude I love your music - rock on.....
Would I believe you when you would say
Your hand will guide my every way
Will I receive the words You say
Every moment of every day
(chorus)Well I will walk by faith
Even when I cannot see
Well because this broken road
Prepares Your will for me
Help me to win my endless fears
You've been so faithful for all my years
With one breath You make me new
Your grace covers all I doyeah, yeah , yeah, yeah, yeah, ya(chorus)
Well I'm broken, but I still see Your face
Well You've spoken, pouring Your words of grace(chorus x2)
Well hallelujah, hallelu(I will walk by faith)Well hallelujah, hallelu(I will walk by faith)
I will walk, I will walk, I will walk by faithI will, I will, I will walk by faith

Today is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. Tomorrow is another day and I will praise You Lord no matter what. One day at a time~

Lonnie

No comments: