Saturday, January 12, 2008

Its been a few days since my last post. So much is going on and the weight of things seems to be unmeasurable at times. Carols dad was taken to the ER last night and we have been here at the hospital since. Lucky football is on to keep my mind off things as well as an Internet connection!

I am thankful for a few things that have taken place in the last week. One of Carols good friends called and invited her out to eat - no agenda or anything - just time invested in each other. I am thankful that Carol has friends that she can do that with who just come along side of her and let her know she is surrounded with people who really care and love her.
Today our friends came at lunch time and brought in lunch - we shared about 2 hours I guess together just talking about things. I really appreciate that guys! It means the world to us and so do you!

Life is really hard right now and I am trying to stay focused on being thankful even during this season. I am trying hard to focus on the good in everything even when its hard at times to find it. Many emotions from my mom are on my shoulders the last week with the struggles that Walt is going through. But I know I must continue to look up and place these heavy things into Gods hands. I also must continue to lead my family to give the hard things to God. Carol puts things deep inside and I pray that God can continue to lift those burdens off of her and fill her heart with peace and comfort.

I think many times God uses the things in our lives to speak to us. So many times people pray and ask God to remove things but did it ever occur to you that sometimes those things need to be there in order for God to do His work in those people- in us? Our struggles and hardships are there for a reason and its during those times God can really speak to us. I too find myself asking God to remove the pain in people lives, their situations and struggles but many times those struggles and painful things have such a bigger purpose. I pray even during this time with Walt - that God uses this to teach us, to inspire us, to comfort us and to show us something when we come out on the other side of what ever it is to happen here - that we know its a God thing because there is NO OTHER conclusion. God will use all this for His glory no matter what.

Walt is not saved - continue to pray that God reveals himself to Walt soon.

Lonnie

No comments: