Sunday, January 6, 2008

Chazown 2008

Ok so whats up with the title of this blog entry? Chazown ----- well that is Hebrew for "Vision" - its a new book that I started reading last week from Craig Groeschel from LifeChurch.tv - This guy is a visionary and is leading the church to new places.

I am going to lead my Rock Group this evening on "Chazown" - Vision - for 2008. Planning out our year puts things down on paper and keeps up focused on what we are to do for the year. It provides accountability and unity for ourselves but also to those around us. For my Rock Group- I pray this homework assignment will spring us closer together, help us focus on what we are doing for our church, for each other and for ourselves. I am not talking "Chazown" for material things like - in 2008 I will go back to school or get a better paying job or lose that spare tire around my waste but I am talking Spiritually.

So - this is where we begin and I will share MY Chazown for 2008:

Writing a goal is the first level of accountability. You would not believe the difference in outcomes between a written and an unwritten goal. The Harvard graduating class of 1953 was surveyed to find how many students had written goals. 3%. That’s right, only 3 out of 100 had put pen to paper. 30 years later, those same 3% had accumulated over 90% of the wealth of the entire graduating class. That’s the power of a written goal. Now turn that same power towards Gods Chazown – for your life. Just think what a few words in black and white can do.
(Chazown – Hebrew for VISION)


What are you going to do in 2008?

My goals for 2008:
- Continue to lead my Rock Group family in a way that brings us closer together, that continues to challenge and hold each of us accountable to the level that God wants his children, to have the courage in those relationships to step forward to go to the hard tough places when needed and continue to be the best example I can be for our children, all the while having a ton of fun doing so!
- Continue to lead the Setup/Breakdown Ministry to the best of my ability because God expects my best in everything I do.
- Continue to learn to lead more effectively so that I can reach more people for Gods kingdom and for others to see the joy in serving not only in our church but in each other – thus expanding the Setup/Breakdown Ministry at church.
- To turn over my Ministry leadership role as the Strategic Volunteer Ministry Leader to a person who is a proven leader in leading and connecting people together all while serving God.
- My goal for 2008 is for one day see my dad give his heart to Jesus (I lead him or someone else does –doesn’t matter) – so that my promise to my mom will be fulfilled that she will once again see him.
- My goal for 2008 is to be a good example for my brothers and their families so that during those conversations they will find the love of Jesus and return to church. I continue to pray for life change for them. It may be my actions that speak over what I have to say that leads them to a relationship with Jesus.
- My goal in 2008 would be to see Jesus take Walter Hagglund’s heart no matter how late in his life it may be. Praying for God to continue to use me and put those opportunities in front of me and for me to have the courage to talk those hard heart to heart conversations with him.
- My goal in 2008 is to better understand Gods word and to continue to grow as a faithful follower of Jesus. Also to trust Him more in my daily walk with him.
- My goal for 2008 is to continue to reach out and love on “My Kids” – to continue to be a good role model for them and to let them know in every opportunity I can that I love them – love them like they are my own – so that they “really” know that.
- My goal for 2008 is once again become close with my cousin Patty and to finally meet her long term boyfriend Vance.
- My goal for 2008 is take more vacation time to spend with my family and my friends.
- My goal for 2008 is to serve the Salvation Army in special projects they need help with during the year, visit the Heritage folks that I have become friends with there regardless if Walt is there or not, to help the crisis pregnancy center of Cabarrus county and continue to help those in need right in our community.
- My goal for 2008 is to continue to provide lunch for Hayley and become closer with her family because she was my Project ARK.
- My goal for January 2008 is take Taylor and Morgan on our date night in celebration of Morgan getting her cast off – Mexicasa!
- My goal for March 2008 is to take Morgan to the daddy daughter dance if she lets me and to finally break down and buy a nice sports jacket just for this big night and I am wearing my hat!
- My goal for 2008 is to step up my efforts to pray that Kyle is surrounded by God loving friends and that his girl friend’s and one day wife will also be a Christian (its never to early to pray about that!)
- My goal for 2008 is to continue to make important steps towards leaving a legacy to my family with the love I have for Jesus, my leadership in prayer and by living my life by example with how I love the people around me, that I am compassionate to others who are hurting and my passion to show others what it means to be a good example of what it means to be a “Christian”.
- My goal in 2008 is to focus more on my wife Carol and to establish a date night once a month!
- My goal in 2008 is to hire a student worker at work that loves Jesus.
- My goal in 2008 is to read every book by Craig Groeschel and James McDonald.
- My goal in 2008 is to visit a church service at – NewSpring, Elevation, The Refuge, SouthBrook church and both campuses of Hickory Grove. One church service with Donna and “My Girls” and the other with the Beaver/Brewer families.
- My goal in 2008 is to continue to look up when things are looking down – to continue to pray instead of worry and to be the most positive person I can be.
- My goal in 2008 is to thank the Lord each and everyday no matter what I may be facing in my life.

So what is your Chazown for 2008?

Email me at lrbatema@gmail.com

Love you all and together we can make a difference in this world - just the way Jesus wants us to.

Lonnie

No comments: