Monday, January 28, 2008

Matthew 3:17
17And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

Proverbs 17:6
6 Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged; parents[a] are the pride of their children.

One of the greatest blessings in being a father is that I get to bless my children. Carol and I have only Kyle as our ~blood~ child but I am blessed to have an influence of many children in my life. In many ways, Kyle does have many brothers and sisters. I love that God has blessed me with each of them and I do feel deep down that they are"My Kids". Fathers need to bless their children. Children develop their identity and sence of security from their fathers. When Kyle is sick or any child is sick - who do they want? Their mothers..... I understand the important role there - just last week, Kyle was not feeling well. Carol made the decision to keep him home from school and they had some mommy son time together. He was not all that sick that he could not of went to school but she felt that he needed some "just mommy" time with her.
When our children are grown enough and head out into the world for themselves, so many are in need of their fathers blessing. They need to know that they have dad to back them up - to have dad praying for them as they enter the big world amongst the sharks, they need that confidence and its our role dads, to give them those blessings.
I am already praying for Kyle friends, his first real girlfriend and his wife one day. I am already praying over his life that God will use him and that he finds his God given gifts in life and lives in Gods blessing zone. I am praying that for all "My Kids" and for them to one day really know that I am praying for them and that I have committed my life to them.
Father's, we need to learn how to bless our children, to not expect perfection from them but to encourage them and praise them for trying. Doing their best is all that God expects from them and from us, so why expect perfection from them? Let them see you praying, holding hands with others while praying and loving them the way God has instructed us to do so.
If a generational curse has been passed down as in divorce, abuse or some other thing - You be the stop to that curse and begin to pass down godly blessings to them.

Our children need to see us "Preparing for the Rain!" of Gods blessings and moving forward in our faith. They need to understand by our faith and in our actions that God deserves to be worshiped and praised for who He is and not for what He does.

Lead on fathers~ It takes courage and guts - and God has given us men those gifts....
Lonnie

No comments: