Thursday, January 24, 2008

Finishing Touches~

I am just finishing up my lesson for this coming Sunday for my Rock Group. I am leading a 4 part series "30 Days to Live" and we are on lesson 2. I was going to save this for the third week but I wanted to share this with you tonight because for those who read this, it will give you a heads up and a chance to really think about the sentences. Print them out if you want - and email them to me.... lrbatema@gmail.com

This is from a book I am reading now - Chazown - which is Hebrew for Vision. Gods vision for your life - how many of us really have it and know what God's vision is and are we really living it? I think of many folks who are in their sweet spot and in the most amazing place because they are where God wants them and man - are they hitting on all cylinders! Look at Kenny Chesney - his music is awesome. Look at Billy Graham, Perry Noble and Craig Groeschel - look at Payton Manning, Sam Mills and Reggie White! So many to list.... so many living in their sweet spot doing amazing things!
The book starts at the end - most people end their lives in bed. Looking over their life - regrets and bad decisions haunt them - they have time to think and its all in the past - there is nothing we can do to change any of it. Psalm 118 - Today is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. I just love that because I read that to my mom everyday I was with her after she got sick and left to be with the Lord.

This is my Epitaph~

*The thing that was most important to me.... is my family, my church family and "My Kids" - being a good fatherly example and having FUN always with a smile :)

*People say I stood for ... something bigger than myself. I pray folks say that I took a stand for God and went the distance to love on others. To always be there for others and to always have an open heart to listen and walk with them no matter what or how or when.

*I made a difference in my world by ... by making lasting investments. Does this matter 100 years from now? Investing in others does ...

*God was glorified because I ... accepted Him during the time that my mom passed and He has walked with me since. Walking with God brings Him glory and a smile.

*People knew I loved them because.... I told them! I pray for those opportunities to share the love I have for them.

*The reason why I expect God to say "Well Done" is because ..... I have God close in my heart, I love Him and I did everything I know how to be for Jesus.

Email me your completed thoughts... would love to hear from you.

Lonnie

No comments: