Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Giants......

No - not the NY Giants! I am not talking football even though I do believe they have very little chance in GreenBay this coming Sunday but that's besides the point.

I am talking about ~Your GIANTS. What is in your life today that is your giant? The thing that hangs over you, taunts you, screams and calls you names, that thing that holds you where you are and keeps you from moving forward and wont let go of its grip.... what is YOUR Giant? We all have one - some of us have a few of them. I will give you a moment to focus on your giant.

For me the big giant in my life right now is my father n law. Walter~ Many of you know him and I thank you for your continued prayers. Walt is a good fella - he has always thought of his family and has provided for them. He has worked hard in his life and has endured some painful years with the loss of his wife MaryLou - Carol's mom. His struggle with cancer seems to be coming to a close at some points, (especially this past weekend) but then he bounces back and has a little extra fight still left. God made the human body a fighter. When it comes to life we do have amazing things deep inside each of us that fights with every single ounce of "Stuff" so that we can continue to live. Walt does not know Jesus and if he only knew that life here is only temporary and that his next stop in his journey is not a place to fear but a place to be thankful for and something to look forward to. The buck does not stop here - the regrets have been forgiven and the hurts have been washed clean by Jesus. He has lived life to the fullest and has left nothing behind. So many of us life our lives like we are going to life forever! We are not as we know it here. It is time many of us pick up our mat and walk for the very first time. God has so much to offer us and so many continue to choose to reject him - to accept just a "little bit of Jesus" that they miss out on all that God has to offer - we fall way short of what and where God really wants us to be.
As Carol and I continue to struggle during this time - we do have a peace about us and know that God is in control. I have said in the past that "God will not place something on our shoulders that we cannot handle."
I am sorry to tell you that I have been wrong all this time. God does place things on our shoulders loved ones, that we cannot handle! Those big GIANT things that we struggle with today - they are there and they are there for a purpose but its at this time that I know that I cannot handle this alone. God is there to handle it with us - with me. Gods knows our limitations and capabilities and He wants nothing more than for us to come to Him when we are struggling and when our hearts are hurting and when our shoulders are feeling the weight and pressures of what this life places on us. So I admit, I have been wrong and God has seen me through some tough things, He has seem my family through some tough things and He will continue to walk with us in all that lies ahead.

This coming Sunday in Sunday School - we will be playing a movie clip for the kids from the movie - "Facing the Giants" - along with a party but the theme and what we want to teach our children is that no matter what we face and how hard we struggle - Never Give UP! Fight through the struggles and give God all the glory and praise - win or lose and regardless of how hard we are fighting and struggling. Hopefully Carol, Kyle and I will be out of town for a few days of down time but I do feel great about our leaders leading in Sunday School this week and I am sure it will be a great message.

Our deepest test of faith is when we feel God has abandoned us. Dig in loved ones and know that God is there no matter what - Its time to overcome our Giants.

Lord I will praise you, my family will praise you no matter what struggles we face today. Our Giants are small compared to You. Its in Your hands Lord, I place My GIANT today.

Lonnie

No comments: