Sunday, June 10, 2007

Snapshot of the last day of school....




I just want to take a short minute and share with everyone a few pictures from the last day of school. These are moments to remember... great moments and moments I will never forget. I look forward to a great and fun summer and even a better next school year. It just makes me smile seeing the smiling faces, the funny stories, the friendships these kids have made ~even with all the drama~ they are lasting friendships. The teachers still have another week of school left - cleaning up their rooms or if they are moving classrooms, they get to do that at some point over the summer. These teachers are hard working and they should be thanked more often for what they do, for the love they have for our children, and for doing so much more - than just teaching math or science or reading, they are instilling important qualities into our children. I am blessed to have been able to share in some of this - something I never would have dreamed.

I watched the teachers cry, kids cry - screaming with excitement as the buses pulled away and hand waving - parents picking up their kids - what a great way to end a great year, a great day - the last day of school. I will admit here... as thankful as I am for these kids and for the teachers whom I have become close with this year - I will say I cried myself, all the way home. I sat in the garage before shutting down the garage door and prayed for "Our Kids".

If any of my kids are reading this or any of the parents - I can't wait for next year - these children (Yours and mine) - have changed my life. Thank You Lord for these children and loving them as much as You do. Hope to see each of you at some point over the summer! At your swim meets, ball games, food shopping or eating out~whatever~ - can't wait to see ya'll next year.
Gods Best,
With smiles and hugs,
Mr. B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures. Certainly a good looking group of boys and girls. I do miss them already, and I'm wearing my tie-dyed shirt today that the kids all signed. Onto my next mission, planning "Water Day with Pastor Jimmy" for the church kids. Never a dull moment.