Monday, June 25, 2007

Investments....

I came into work this morning and just couldn't wait to send out an email. Yes I know, I am a techno nerd in many ways, but I just had to tell our Youth Pastor that he had such incredible kids with him yesterday. They are from a small town in VA and are here this week serving with our kids from church in the community. I have to say that those kids have the serving heart. I did not so much as walk past any of them without them asking me what they could do. I love that! We need more folks like this - young adults as well as older adults serving in our churches. Sharing the message of Jesus to others and by making a difference in the world.
Yes yesterday was a long day and a full load of serving but the part I enjoyed the most was being in Sunday school with the kids. I look forward to tonight going to see Kyles friends at their swimming meet. I very much look forward to see them and sharing with them during there swim meet. Investing in people - in children and in relationships and families.
Luke 4:8
"We must worship God, and him alone”.

I look back over the last few years - how far God has taken me - I look forward with excitement in where God is taking me. Taking my family. Only God can be putting these things together - bringing people into my life like they have been coming in- especially the last few months. No time to slow down and lose momentum. I serve my church with passion and I serve my friends, my family and my church family with passion. Yes life is busy right now - but there is no other place I would want to be than where God has me right now. No money can buy this - no deed can earn me this. Just my trust and faithfulness in Jesus - His blessings from heaven pouring down. Friends this is the excitement I want to share with you. Being a Christian does not mean everything is rosy and everything will work out perfectly. It means God has our backs - He is looking out for us and everything that comes our way is a teachable moment from Him. What is it right now in your life - that God is trying to teach you? To show You or to move you to become closer to Him?

Tonight is an investment in friendship - yesterday telling a mom at church that I have been praying for her since I have not seen them in church in awhile - that an investment - sending a prayer via email to a friend who needs prayer - that is an investment. A investment in the kingdom of God - paying dividends for generations. Thats a stock tip worth investing in! Where are you investing your time, your energy and your passions in life?

God is waiting on your answer. Only God can be doing the things right now in my life. I know my final answer....
Randy~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, buckle up, we are teaching Sunday School again July 8th. We can work on our lesson over vacation. I think the lesson we did this past week, was the best; not the DVD content, but for all the interactivity with the kids this week. It was fun having all the K-5 kids together (OK to do over the summer with alot less kids) ~~ 25 kids is manageable. Encouraging these kids to pray, and to think about prayer has been a real factor in my lessons. I love working with all ages, but especially the 3-5th grade kids, because you can tell they are getting it...! Thanks for being my partner as a Sunday School Teacher. Who woulda thought????