Thursday, June 14, 2007

All over the place Thursday thoughts......

As many of you know I read many blogs throughout the day from different churches and Pastors. Some are really great and insightful, thus making me really look at myself, my church and what God has me doing. Many times though the blogs are really boring and have nothing much to say or don't get updated all that much. I hope this blog is not like that 2nd part -boring and not much to say. Even when I don't have much to say or the Lord is not leading me to share anything, I find that just "showing up" has an effect and gets those creative thoughts flowing. That is why I posted a few days ago - "Just showing up". Its when we are down and don't feel like going to church or don't have time or something better to do - it's during those times that God really puts us in the right place and speaks directly to us. So get up and get moving.... there are lost people in the world and its our duty to spread the "Good News". Sure you may feel like you don't know scripture enough - neither do I - but there is blessings you can do for folks. Help out that single parent down the street - take her kids to McDonald's and let them play in the fun house while she rests, naps, takes a bath or just unwinds for 2 hours. Stop at the local nursing home and just bring someone there flowers - just because Jesus loves them as well. While in the drive through at the local fast food place, pay for the food to the family behind you who look like they are having a tough time and their vehicle is not in the best of shape. Leave your churches business card at the gas pump - who know who will be pulling up next and who needs that number!
We never really know how and when God will show up for people.
God blesses those who do.

I have heard lots of small talk about our brother in Christ - Joel Osteen. Many say he does not preach the bible enough and he is just a motivational speaker. Hey it takes all kinds of preaching to speak to people and with God's word behind it. However big or small - we are out to reach the lost who need to know Jesus. However he preaches - he is reaching BIG for Jesus - look at the size of his church! He can't be doing too much wrong. Our churches should have those problems ... too many folks! Anyways - I love to hear him preach because he is a crafty motivator. Don't you think? Don't you feel that you can do what ever he is preaching on when he is done? Don't you feel moved and ready to get up and get going? Maybe I tend to be motivated easy because I am a motivator as well and love to get down and going - to get dirty and involved. God has blessed me in many area's of my life the last few years... I am ready to venture and serve hard where he has me today. Years ago - I would have never been in a classroom full of children - my life was very closed and you just were not getting in. Protection was built around me - from what? I don't know... maybe hurts, feelings, dissappointment, letdown, grief, friendships going bad, people not liking me, saying the wrong things!! How is that for a start... same struggles as anyone else I reckon. The Lord has changed most of that - all of it to some degree....... Maybe that is why I respect what Joel is doing.... and his smile is a blessing from the Lord because we should be smiling all the time. God has YOUR back friends.... He is watching over you. The heavens move when you have people here on earth praying for you.
Trust in that.... put your love and passion into Jesus. Fall in love with Jesus instead of in need with that boyfriend or girlfriend who you think will make you complete. Jesus will make you complete..... in and out.
One of the things I have learned over the fast few years in being with my kids and raising my son - teach by example and directly to the heart - not to the head. The kids may not understand everything we are trying to teach them but if we teach, lead and love them from the heart - they will understand that much more. My son Kyle may be an only blood child but my children are: my kids from school, church, Sunday School class, my Rock Group kids and all the other children my heart has been blessed to come into contact with and given the chance to love them.
So get up and get moving..... its time to "Show Up"
Randy~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, just a general response to thank you, Lonnie, for your blog. I read it every day. I may not always respond, but I am a faithful follower.

I am so glad summer is here. I feel so "free". I know that sounds crazy to some, but those who are close to me know what I mean. I'm glad to have 'down-time' from school and the PTA. But don't get me wrong --- these are major PASSIONS in my life. But everyone needs a break. I am so happy for all the little things that will happen this summer - swimming at night with the pool light on, catching lighting bugs, walking the dogs after the blazing sun has gone down, having Kmans' friends over to swim, etc. Darn, it does not get any better than that. Although I really hate the HEAT, I love summers in the South. I'm addicted to fire-flys and fireworks and baseball games.

I am just so happy to be blessed with such a great family, and we all look forward to serving our awesome Jesus this summer.