Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Salvation Army...

Well I am just delighted to share with everyone that God answers prayers. He answers big prayers and dont think for a second that YOUR prayers go unnoticed or unanswered. My dear friend Shelley - has an amazing testimony over the last few months. Her walk with Jesus today is stronger than ever because she never waivered from the truth and Gods word. Keep your eyes on Jesus and whatever trials and stuggles you are facing today - they too will soon pass and God will show you things you never thought were possible.
Shelley is moving on to the Salvation Army - in the largest chapter this great organization has in the south. The Charlotte branch - here is the web site. http://www.uss.salvationarmy.org/uss/www_uss.nsf

I am just excited for Shelley and her family. They have been through so much together the last few months. But things are turning around and Shelley is providing others and her family with teachable moments for God. She is shining for God and His blessings are flowing.
Proud of you Shell!!!! I will miss you at work soon with your last day coming - I value your friendship and your prayers. I look forward to serving with you in some capacity at the Salvation army when your ready and you got the mission field there ready for service.
Our season here is coming to a close but God is opening new doors - for new opportunities and yet another chance to grow our faith and trust in Him.

You did well, a good and faithful servant! Enjoy the blessings Shelley.... we all can learn from this awesome example in how God works - in His time and in HIs way if we are faithful and fully trust what God is doing and in His promises.
Proverbs 3
1 My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart,
2 for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity.
3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. [
a]

Gods best always,
Lonnie~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Thank you so much for always seeing God's blessing in our lives and for pointing out those blessings to us. I am so thrilled by the road my life is taking and am excited to see what God's plan is for me. I am going places that I never dreamed I would go.

Lonnie, you and Carol are a beacon to many of how God is working with you and through you. Thank you both for making God's word real through the way you live your lives. Your example has changed my outlook and my purpose.

Shelley