Monday, June 18, 2007

Monday thoughts,,, letting them go!

Busy day at work today - busy evening tonight with getting things done that have been slacking on especially since being away this weekend. Funny thing is - I really expected a call from someone at church in a panic. This was my first weekend not at church in months and since taking over the Strategic Volunteer Ministry and the Setup/breakdown ministry. If anyone knows me - you know I take these assignments seriously and when things don't get done or fall through the crack~ well lets just say I take it head on - all on myself. There have been many Sundays over the past few months where Carol and I both have served both services and have put in almost 7 hours on a Sunday! Only to turn around and have small group in a few hours. Sunday is no day off - even though with all my heart - I am where God wants me and where He wants me is where I will be. Yes summer is hard on churches - especially mobile churches. Attendance is off, giving is off and volunteers are off. I can honestly say that its hard work but its rewarding work especially when you see someone new come to the table and has found Jesus. They serve with a passion and serve with a smile and a great heart. Yes the old timers are tired and need a break! I totally understand - so with that I had to dig a little - pray this weekend that all went great without me. Yes there are some bumps but nothing we cannot get over. We are serving Jesus and we are making a place for those who are at the end of the rope, are feeling like they have no options, find themselves in a tough place and maybe no place to turn - We are making a place for them to find Jesus - to be taught Gods word - to experience Him - to know they can have a relationship with God and have it be the most intimate and personal experience they have ever experienced. Friends, Jesus can turn your life around and YES - you don't have to have your life right before this can happen.
This is why I serve the way I do - this is why I look for opportunities to show people the practical love of Jesus through my actions and my words. There is nothing in the world that can offer you what Jesus has given to us all - freely and with love. All we have to do is accept it....

So this past weekend - I didn't get a call nor did I get the panic email. Things survived and we will see next Sunday - Lord willing. I would love to have a ministry that grows bigger than I can handle and manage - we need to ride the wave the Rocky River is on and we need to continue to pray that this wave continues to grow. There is much work that needs to be done - many folks who need to hear about Jesus and so many of our friends we need to continue to ask to come to church with us.
Luke 18:1
1Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.

We should never give up on our prayers. The heavens move when we pray and work together, serve together and share together. I am excited about this week - a busy week but also looking forward to Sunday - serving, worshipping and singing - doing something for a GREAT GOD!!!

Carol and I have many friends and family that will be traveling this summer - prayers for safe travels for you all. Enjoy the down time and refresh..... God uses His children when we are ready for action and well rested and with the right frame of mind.

Randy

No comments: