Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Burger and Fries Vs. Peas and Brussel Sprouts

Why is it that good food tastes bad and is good for you? AND - that bad food tastes good and is bad for you?

Ever wonder that? Why can't like peas taste like my mom's banana pudding? Wouldnt that be great? Why can't that 5 guys burger and fries taste like Brussel Sprouts? My waste would love that....
Well I have been back to the gym the last 2 days and I can honestly say - I am out of shape and SORE in places I have not been sore in like a year. Last summer while at the gym lifting - I had a vertigo spell and it took me almost 40 minutes to get up and walk out. There I sat on the floor in the middle of the gym with the room spinning to the left. People asking me if I am ok - my face is probably just as white as a sheet and feeling really bad. I had not been back since that day- afraid of having another episode. I have not had one since that day ~ but with fear - I have been paralyzed. I see many folks around me in their walk with Christ - paralyzed because they were once on fire for God and now they are just ho hum or don't even attend church. Maybe they are scared - feel like they dont fit in - or this church was just like the last church - maybe they think people know their past and they are judging them before they even get in the door - maybe someone you know goes there and that keeps you from going..... so many excuses..... Choosing to go fishing over going to church? How are you leading your family? What example are you setting for you and your family? We are all going to stand in front of God when our time comes. We all have that in common - what are you going to say? Well Lord, I did it once and I figured oh heck with it... just keep it going..... I don't think that is going to work. We all have choices to make - just like those peas and brussel sprouts over the 5 guys burger. When the doctor says - you have problems with sugar in your family and you need to switch to diet pepsi instead of that regular sugar loaded high octane pepsi - what do you do? People keep right on smoking even though they know what it does to their body and even with lung cancer in their families. Some folks choose to walk the hard road. I make mistakes too and I do that everyday but there is forgiveness through Jesus Christ. Once forgiven - its DONE. IN the past and Jesus doesn't want us to live in the past. He wants us to live in the future and with Him.
Sometimes we just have to do what is right and drop those bad habits - those hangups and even in some cases~ people in our lives that keep us down. God has better plans for your life and He will prosper you and shower you with blessings. Through the CROSS - we can experience God because of His son Jesus. There is no other way - we all will face God one day... and that cross then will mean more than anything this earth can give us.
Ask God today to show you something about Him that is new and build on that fresh perspective that will lead you to Him - through the cross.
I am headed back to the gym - I am afraid in a way ... AND I know its the right thing to do. Fear will not paralyze me because God takes away that fear because my faith and trust is in Him.
love you all,
Randy~

No comments: