Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Urgency ........

I come to ya'll this morning with an urgency in my heart. I am not sure why I am feeling this or if its just me or maybe its you. I know God will handle this for me and reveal whatever it is I am struggling with today. I pray for all safety and for health for all of us. As I feel weighted down this morning - I think back to a time when my mom was laying in the bed at home. While many nights sitting and talking with her - crying with her and praying with her. Anything I could do to make her more comfortable even if it meant knelt over across the bed and holding her hand - I remember one morning looking out the window at the tree out front from my mom and dads house. Fresh snow fallen and everything is white and beautiful - a bird sits in the tree branch outside my moms window all puffed up and singing. How my mom loved the snow and her birds - I opened the window and we listened to the bird sing its most awesome song. It was a moment I wont ever forget and a moment I know that meant many things for my mom. It was a quiet and peaceful feeling that overcame us and in a way we were "one" sitting and enjoying each others company. I am made much like my mom in that I love the mornings - many of you know I am not a night person and a good cup of coffee in the morning with my family or friends is my happy place in this life. Even as I struggle today with my own burdens - I am trying to stay focused on what God wants me to do. We all have full plates - we all have struggles and things we need to work on to make things sometimes even bearable. Are we too out of focus and too busy to reach out to others - to do Gods will over our own? I am feeling the pressures for those in my life today who just are not getting it. Who are choosing to struggle with life - with circumstances and decisions - their current life situations and self pity. I know the 23rd is coming up - one year since my mom left a gaping hole in my family. But what makes this day any different than any other day? Why put this milestone in our lives - each day is a day we don't have mom here with us. What makes the 1 year things so important? - 1 year, 1 month, 10 years - it is just a number and another day that mom is in heaven. I have a peace about all this and maybe this is my heart trying to reach you to help you come to terms with this - every moment is a slice in time in this life. We choose what we do with it - we can put our own obstacles in our lives, we can make a decision each morning to have a good day, we can focus inward on our selves or we can focus outward and upward - we can decide that today is going to be a good day - we can choose to do something to honor mom every day and not just on the 1 year anniversary or the 1 year 1 month, 2 year whatever - We are meant for something grande and something that is bigger than ourselves.

Friends, let me share Acts 1: with you and try and focus with me here:
The Ascension 6So when they had come together, they asked him, "Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" 7He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." 9And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. 10And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, 11and said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven."

Before we even are born, God knows the exact amount of time we are going to be here. Make the most of it and decide to make the most of your life - put your heart and soul into Jesus. He will give you the comfort you are seeking today - the answers to your giants - Jesus knows when our time is and we have to be ready and excited about this! My heart hurts today - for you, for the lost ones and the ones who are struggling today. God knows my heart and I give it to Him in honor for you. This life is what we make it - decide what you make out of it - Don't look back and fix your eyes on Jesus - He is the life and bread we all are seeking. Aren't we all tired of being hungry? There is an urgency this morning - a small prayer and a decision this afternoon - can change your world. Will you walk with me? .......
email me lrbatema@gmail.com
I love you - time may be running short - where will you end up in the race of "life". I pray- first place in Gods record book. Otherwise all of this is null and void. No returns, No warranties, no money back - NOTHING - close the store, its over. We have failed.... and in some cases - I have failed.......
Randy~

No comments: