Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Rat race or Gods race?

Why do I feel burdened with those around me? Why don't I just take the easy road and let those around me do what they want to do? Why don't I just say - scrap it and go back to doing what I was doing before I accepted Jesus? Why do I care so much about others, their salvation, decisions in life and struggles they are face? Its because of Jesus. Jesus has changed my heart. I have taken an oath when I accepted Jesus into my heart. I am not about me any longer - I am His and its His will for my life that I am living. I will serve Him and those around me - I am committed to my church and my church family. I will spread the love of Jesus to those who need to hear the Good News - to be His hands and arms to those who need it. Serving the community - together to serve the world and the love of Jesus. Imagine an army doing Gods work together! How many people we could touch and help -how many they would touch and help once they learned the Good News. I press on and carry your weight and struggles because I love you. Jesus loves you! Your problems and struggles sometimes become bigger than my own. I wonder where I got that from, mom? But I am going to persevere - I am going to finish the race. We are not going to struggle in this life and then get to heaven and say - "Is this it?" - "This is all I get for all the struggles and sacrifices?" - Its not a cracker jacks box with a cheap toy at the bottom! We are talking a heaven that is far better than anything we can even imagine loved ones. I am pressing onward - struggles and all - God is walking with me - I will continue to share His love with you - you can either reject it and walk away from me or listen to what I am telling you. This is the only race in this life worth running - Gods race - where do you plan on finishing? Some of you are not even in the race - Rat race maybe - but I am talking Gods race - walking, running, crawling on our hands and knees - we are in this together. Not in the race - you are walking alone........ - sure would be easier to walk away but that would mean I have given up - given up on you, our family, friends, the promise I have given to mom, my promise to Jesus and all those who have been teaching me Gods word - their prayers for me - it would mean giving up on all of that! I am not giving up on you. "I promise" has more implications than you can ever imagine. I would love for you to feel how I feel.... then I know you will be making progress and walking in Gods race........ How are you going to finish? Nothing in life that is worth anything is easy .... otherwise everyone would have it. Get in the race loved ones and finish this life with Jesus cheering you on. Nothing could be better than a victory lap with Jesus and mom right behind Him.
Persevere!!!!!! and Never give up HOPE!
Randy......

2 Timothy 4
1-2I can't impress this on you too strongly. God is looking over your shoulder. Christ himself is the Judge, with the final say on everyone, living and dead. He is about to break into the open with his rule, so proclaim the Message with intensity; keep on your watch. Challenge, warn, and urge your people. Don't ever quit. Just keep it simple.
3-5You're going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food—catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. They'll turn their backs on truth and chase mirages. But you—keep your eye on what you're doing; accept the hard times along with the good; keep the Message alive; do a thorough job as God's servant.
6-8You take over. I'm about to die, my life an offering on God's altar. This is the only race worth running. I've run hard right to the finish, believed all the way. All that's left now is the shouting—God's applause! Depend on it, he's an honest judge. He'll do right not only by me, but by everyone eager for his coming.

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

COUNT ME IN THE RACE, I'M HEADING FOR HOME! I'LL FINISH THIS RACE IF I HAVE TO CRAWL!! THE WINNING PRIZE IS "OUT OF THIS WORLD"!!