Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Persevere.......

Wow, another update and its not tomorrow yet! I have been in deep thought today with what I posted earlier today about an urgency I have had today. It's clear to me that more I study and learn Gods word and what He wants me to do in my life - the more the devil wants to take me down. So from time to time, I feel a need not only for myself to lift prayers to God but I do so for you as well. I couldn't tell you honestly why I felt urgent today - maybe it was God showing me something - maybe it was the door that opened for me this evening. I will be honest and share with you that I have been praying to go to the Sr home here in Harrisburg for months. I wanted to drop some flowers off to someone who could use a smile - I did this at the request of my wife back in December with her birthday roses. It was pretty awesome but tonight I stepped it up a notch because I knew God opened the door for me - He eased my fears and put a sense of peace over me so that I may experience what I was going to do. I haven't seen my friends parents in a few months, they have had some health issues and concerns and I know this has been heavy on the heart of my buddy here at work. This is big decision time stuff and the wrong decision can have drastic consequences. So I stopped and got some flowers for his mom and I drove to their apartment. It was nice seeing them, his mom was sooo excited to see me. She did not recognize me at first with my hat on but as soon as I started to talk - she knew who it was. My buddy's dad was sitting in his chair - and I greeted him with a handshake and with kind words. It was a great visit and I promised them I would see them again soon - I would bring Bojangles next time and they were very excited. I reached out when I was looking in today. God took me by the hand and opened this door - so on the way home I honored God by stopping at the Sr center - the place I have been praying to go to for months. I was scared, nervous and not sure what I was doing or what was going to happen. I had the love of Jesus with me - and when I walked in there is a small room - a fireplace and a coffee table with 2 couches. There is an elderly woman sitting on the couch and she smiles at me when I walked in. I said Good evening ma'am and handed her the flowers. She screamed - thinking security was coming I kind of started to back up some and she was screaming with her hands on her cheeks - "Oh my heavens" "what is this for" " who are they for" she asked me. I said ma'am they are for you and they are from Jesus because He loves you. And again she screamed " Oh my heavens". I smiled and walked through the doors. I promise you - it was so cool and so awesome - I will do this again! Don't believe me, I challenge you to give it a try. Make someone smile today and do something out of the ordinary for someone. God wants us to do not do the ordinary - He want us to be on fire for Him.

2 Timothy reads - This is a letter to Timothy written by Paul shortly before he died. Times where difficult, both morally and spiritually. Paul wants to encourage Timothy to persevere in his faith and in his life. As you read this passage - do you find your strength today in Jesus and inspired by His word?
2 I am writing to Timothy, my dear son.
May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord give you grace, mercy, and peace.
Encouragement to Be Faithful 3 Timothy, I thank God for you—the God I serve with a clear conscience, just as my ancestors did. Night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. 4 I long to see you again, for I remember your tears as we parted. And I will be filled with joy when we are together again.
5 I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you. 6 This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

We all have this spiritual gift - some of us don't know it and others are choosing not to use it. Fan the flames dear friends, and let God burn into your hearts! If you could have seen that woman today with her hands on her face and shouting, Oh my heavens - this is what its about. Making a difference - living radical for Jesus - spreading His love to the community - fear not because you have a bright future with Jesus. As a child of God we have no reason to fear. I needed to hear this today as well - but I put my fears in Jesus and He opened a door for me today. Gods nature - Grace - Mercy and Peace. I will do my best tomorrow to tell you what those are.
Enjoy the flowers today Ma'am - I will see you again soon. Thanks for making my night and Yes - OH yes - Jesus loves you - just like He loves all of us. Persevere loved ones and don't give up..... more to follow

Randy~

No comments: