Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Tissue.......

We are back home from the cabin - came back this morning and attended the 11:00 service at church. My friend Alice met us there and it was a nice surprise - not knowing what the message would include this morning - I was just excited to see Alice there and enjoy church together. She told me afterwards that it was nice to see me smile and that it is something I don't do enough of. I have to agree in some regards but friends my heart is heavy - it was touched this morning and I am humble today because of what the Lord is doing in my life.

Like our friend Andrew, Rachel Joy Scott and my mom and so many others - they took a risk and put Jesus in their hearts - they lived and loved for His grace, forgiveness and mercy. Today they find themselves together, enjoying their heavenly home in peace - no pain and forever at the feet of Jesus. Ya'll earned your trip home and I am very proud of them. The tissue that my mom cried in that day she accepted Jesus when I took her to see our pastor came out today in church. I remember that conversation and the tears on my face and Pastor Jimmy's, as I explained to him what my mom had wanted him to have. How important that tissue was to her and on that tissue was her tears of salvation, of strength, of acceptance, of forgiveness and for her eternity in heaven with Jesus and all those who have went before her. She knew from that moment on where she would be. During her struggle and suffering with cancer and right up until Jesus called her name - mom knew she was going to heaven. February 23rd is coming up and Jimmy picked a great time to call those in church out - to fight for lost people - to make a decision and to stop riding the fence - our lives are at stake here and our eternity is at risk. Where do you find your risk at today? Do you KNOW with out a shadow of the doubt where you will be if eternity came in the next moment? Eternity doesnt have to be years away - deaths call calls in a moments notice and if your're not ready for what is ahead friends - it will be too late. Every day is a blessing on this earth - our struggles and our pain that we suffer through is just part of this life but you could be filled with the love of Jesus - knowing you are not alone and not left behind - part of something so much bigger than ourselves and the washing away of our sins to create a new body - a new person and a higher purpose.
I motioned for Jimmy to stop and see me on his way out today when the service was over - I told him I was proud of him - that I was proud of mom - and mom was proud of him for using her tears for eternity - for others to come to Christ. WHat a great day in church today friends - Church should be moving and exciting - it should rock your world and give you hope and peace and understanding - it should be life changing and encouraging - are you just sitting in church? Looking through the bulletin or occupying your mind of something else? Not even going to church but loving the Lord but not serving or growing or attending or even living with other Christians who can encourage you and shape your life towards a more fulfilling one? Shame on you as Jimmy told our congregation last week - I am proud of him for calling you out. Consumers and those who choose to float along taking the safe road and the easy road but still being part of something but just not 100% all in.
There is more friends, experience what God wants you to have - experience what God gives you for free because He paid it all for you already.
Go ahead and sit where you are, sit on the fence waiting to get your life in order and everything just perfect before taking a risk - a gamble - a leadership role .... Your eternity might be closer than you think and when your time comes to sit at the feet of Jesus and state your case - what are you going to say? I was working on it - I was waiting - I didn't like any churches in my neighborhood - I wasn't comfortable - what will my friends think?
The choice it yours........ my mom put her risk on that tissue - Rachel Joy Scott walked the talk - Andrew fought until the end but was not scared - because they were all going home......

1 Peter 4: 12-19

Suffering for Being a Christian 12Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. 13But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 14If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 15If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. 16However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. 17For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18And, "If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"[a]
19So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

Its time to get off the fence and start walking the talk - talking the walk - and make something of yourselves for something bigger than where you find yourselves today.

Thanks R2C2 for making church fun, exciting, life changing and encouraging - I am proud to be part of something so special and so worth everything - in the name of Jesus.

Randy~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lois Bateman was such a GREAT example of a Christ Follower. We miss her so much, but look forward to the day we meet her again in heaven.

Sharon Davis said...

I pray that I can be as stong as your momma, my sister Lois when my time comes to go home. She inspired me more than anyone has ever inspired me. I love and miss her so much but I know that one day "I Will Meet Her In The Morning", she just makes me want to go to Heaven even more.
love your blog
aunt Sharon