Saturday, February 17, 2007

Risk taker?......

My family and I are up at the cabin for a short weekend before coming home in the morning for church. We are enjoying a little get away time and while walking the dogs last night looking up at the heavens - I tried to remember the lessons I learned about the stars 2 days ago while being at my sons school. I was able to find stars and know the names of a few of them - find the north star and Gemini - it was pretty neat. But its also a reminder for me at how small we really are. There is so much we don't understand and so much we haven't even discovered yet to even ask questions about.
I think about my faith and how big or small it is. What I am currently doing - the direction God has my life pointed in - How big is God in my life? What am I risking for Him? Are we all in or are we still riding the fence? What about those in our lives who still are wondering - can I trust God and give Him my life? Let me share a story with you about a young woman - who had put her life in Jesus - was out casted and was alone because of her faith. It was THAT important for her - and her faith was the biggest thing in her young life. She was 100% in......

Columbine - April 20, 1999. A tragic day in our history - in our school systems and it changed the lives of so many families - including Rachel Joy Scott. She was the first to be killed that morning - and when asked if she believed in God after the killer shot her once already - she said she did - and he said then go see God and shot her. She kept a journal - this is her journal entry 1 year to the day before her life was taken - and she got to meet Jesus.

April 20,1998 - It is like I have a heavy heart and this burden upon my back... But I don't know what it is. There is something in me that makes me want to cry... and I don't even know what it is. Things have definitely changed. Last week was so hard... besides missing "Breakthru" I lost all my friends at school. Now that I have begun to walk my talk, they make fun of me. I don't even know what I have done but I don't really have to say anything and they turn me away. I have no more personal friends at school. But you know what.... Its all worth it to me. I am not going to jeopardise for speaking the name of Jesus, I am not going to justify my faith to them and I am not going to hide the light that God has put in me. If I have to sacrifice everything - I will. I will take it. If my friends have to become my enemies for me to be with my best friend Jesus, then that's fine with me. Ya know, I always knew that part of being a Christian is having enemies... but I never thought that my "Friends" were going to be those enemies. Its all good, I am just a loner now at school. I just wish that someone from "Breakthru" went to my school.
Always in Christ,
Rachel Joy

I cant help but to tear up as I read this - as I typed that in. Rachel risked everything for our Lord. She is all in and is paying a price for that. All the disciples risked everything for the gospel. Jesus gave us His life - People today in the world are being killed and tortured for their love of Jesus. What are we risking? Some of us can't even get on board to make a decision. Eternity can come at any time - it might not be a lifetime away - it might only be moments away.
Where is your heart this morning....... in the paper - a cup of coffee - on the streets - stuck in your own world of selfishness? Take a risk this morning and put YOUR life in the hands of Jesus.

Eternity might be only moments away...... that's the biggest risk of all.

IN Christ,
Randy~

No comments: