Saturday, February 3, 2007

Up & Down the slide.......

So where are you walking today? Got plans before the big game tomorrow - trying to get some excersize in before eating too much tomorrow? Going to a friends house or having friends over for the big game? I read somewhere that TV sales are the highest right before the SuperBowl than at any other time of the year - guess it would be cool to see it on a big screen in high defenition. I look forward to spending some time tomorrow with our Rock Group - having some play time together! I hope everyone has someone to watch the game with tomorrow and if you're not into football - thats why they have the commercials! $2.1 million for a 30 second spot - largest ever! All this activity and so much going on. Is it hard to stay focused on things for the long haul? I find myself after a few days off of work - my routine is different and I am very much a creature of habit. I like going through my day at a good pace and knowing what is coming around the corner but I can't have my way all the time. See my plans sometimes don't go along with Gods plans. I have to focus myself on God and hopefully I am clear in my heart to do His work and not my own. I was reading last night getting through a fabulous book - John's Story - Chapter 21 starts with John waking up and then his prayer:

"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever." "Father, I am wholly Yours today, as always. Use me today as You see fit."

I had to read this 2 times because it just stood out at me. How awesome to start the day in the right frame of mind - praising our Lord - and asking Him to lead us throughout our day. Friends I think about many of us who have slide back from God and we all do this from time to time. Having a good service - a good message and thinking the preacher just spoke to your heart, his message was just for me. I can relate to what he is teaching and saying... I have heard this a few times from people I have asked to go to church with me - I have experienced this myself - sometimes every week but who is keeping track! I know when my mom was sick - God was with me - holding my hand and to be honest - I had never felt his touch that way before in my life - After mom died, I did not wan't to back slide into my old self - did not want to go back to my old ways but I also knew, I could not keep this emotional high for much longer. I did enjoy walking and feeling God right by my side - sitting on my shoulders and in my heart don't get me wrong but I needed to even it all out - stay on course and not lose my way either. See God continues to walk with us no matter what and He is always there - if you have accepted Jesus and have walked with Him for many years and you have went on in your life without Him - He is still there, still loving you and caring for you even if you have walked on. His love for you is still the same and He wants you back to where you were when you accepted him. I remember my brother standing at my moms casket - and he looked over at me and said with tears in his eyes, which I will never forget - "It took this for me to finally understand". Sometimes it does loved ones - sometimes hard and terrible things happen but God is always there. He was there before these horrible things happen and He will be there when we go through them. Slide back to the front if you find yourself like a lost sheep. Get back in the game and it will be like riding a bicycle - you never really forget how to ride it! Haven't attending church in awhile - ask someone to go with you - attend a new church or a church in the town next to you - search on the internet and find one. New faces are so cool when walking into a church for the first time - we have all been that person!
Psalm 23:
-3 God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. 4 Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure. 5 You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing. 6 Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life.

Friends, God has not changed a bit and He is our rock foundation. Sometimes when we have been gone from God and church for some time- the second time around is better than the first. I think we understand more and things mean a little more to us then. There is an urgency to why we have come back - it's kind of like going home after being away for a long time. It's the same looking but there is a different feeling to everything. Being home means many things to different people - and I have heard it once or twice - there is no place like home.
Afraid to take this step by yourself - want someone to go with you or you need a place to go to or just need someone to pray with ~~ Email me - it would be an honor to worship our Lord together ....
My offer still stands - Bojangles will be on me afterwards! :)
lrbatema@gmail.com
Randy~

No comments: